Space Opera Fans discussion

Space Opera/Gamer/MMO tie-ins > BSG LARP in Germany

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Ronnie (new)

Ronnie (ronnieb) | 321 comments There's no way in hell you could ever get anything like this off the ground in the UK.

The Health and Safety brigade would be all over you like a bad rash.

And I doubt any suitable museum ship (HMS Belfast for example) would allow it.

For a once proud seafaring nation, the UK seems to be dreadfully embarrassed by its maritime heritage and prefers to pretend it doesn't exist.

message 3: by Steph (new)

Steph Bennion (stephbennion) | 302 comments Ronnie wrote: "...And I doubt any suitable museum ship (HMS Belfast for example) would allow it..."

I can imagine Mayor Boris giving it the go-ahead and having a go himself! The BBC used HMS Belfast for Neverwhere, of course.

message 4: by Ronnie (new)

Ronnie (ronnieb) | 321 comments I did a bit of research on the matter, and to do anything on HMS Belfast you have to go via the Imperial War Museum.

message 5: by Anna (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) I want to go to Germany!!!

message 6: by Dominic (new)

Dominic Green (dominicgreen) | 68 comments Is this proper by-your-command *Battlestar Galactica*, with Cylons that look like knights in armour, and humans who look like Star Wars rebel fighter pilot clones who make pets out of Newfoundland puppies and stick bits of cardboard sprayed silver to them with sellotape? Or is it modern, even weirder *Battlestar Galactica*, with human beings who are capable of travelling from star to star but still feel it necessary to chug around in Humvees?