Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Miscellaneous Book Talk > Colleen McCullough

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3626 comments I was sorry to read about the passing of Colleen McCullough on Facebook. She passed away yesterday. The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough The Thorn Birds will always be one of my favorite books as it was one that got me back into reading back in 1978.

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14625 comments Sad news, I can't believe I never read The Thorn Birds.

message 3: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1299 comments Wow...I vividly remember laying in the sun in our backyard reading Thorn Birds. I was in high school. What an epic book.

message 4: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Me too! Thorn birds is one of my all-time favorites!

message 5: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3593 comments I saw something about the book on FB but did not realize the author had past. I remember enjoying the book and another years ago. So sad to hear of the author's passing.

message 6: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 1380 comments I have never read a book by this author, but I do haveThe First Man in Romein hc which I picked up from a free box on the street some time back. I probably won't read it soon due to the length. It's almost 900 pages.

message 7: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandin954) | 1215 comments Very sad news. I read The Thorn Birds numerous times during summer vacations when I was in high school. The miniseries was pretty good too.

message 8: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Feb 14, 2015 12:49PM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8063 comments That is sad. I think I read The Thorn Birds after it first became popular but it was unputdownable.

message 9: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3693 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "That is sad. I think I read The Thorn Birds after it first became popular but it was unputdownable."

i remember reading it when it was first released and loving it- definitely was unputdownable. i'll watch the mini series any time it's on tv.