Rolla Public Library's Online Book Club discussion

Books are here!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rolla (new)

Rolla Public Library (rollapubliclibrary) | 515 comments Mod
The Heroines by Eileen Favorite is at the library! Pick up your copy today!

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah ♥ | 5 comments I will definitely be getting mine!!!

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah ♥ | 5 comments I read the Heroines. I have to say it was very captivating. I didn't want to put it down. I thought it was funny how she was trying to tell the doctors about the Hero, but they thought she was crazy. Of all people who knew, her mother knew yet still submitted her. Wow. All in all, I really enjoyed the book and can't wait for next months book.

message 4: by Kim (new)

Kim L | 18 comments Just finished Chapter 14- What Would Scarlett Do? I think the plot is fascinating and this book has kept my interest. I think the author has a pretty good handle on how a pre-teen/teen thinks. Being an avid reader in my younger years I could identify with Penny. I remember reading a book by Nathaniel Hawthorne, "Portrait of Jenny", and was so engrossed in that book that I remembered a passage so vividly, how it made me feel, that I "became" that character. Years later for some reason I wanted to look up that passage but I was never able to find it! Was that my imagination?! This book has brought those memories back to me.

I started reading reviews on this book and was wondering from what filter/criteria these other people were using to be giving this book such low marks; do they have a checklist?
Another good read book for me!

message 5: by Rolla (new)

Rolla Public Library (rollapubliclibrary) | 515 comments Mod
We will be chatting with the author, Eileen Favorite, through Skype on Thursday, February 26th at 6:00 PM at the Rolla Public Library. Please join us for discussion, snacks, and prizes!