The Hunted| ᵃᶰ ᵃᵈᵛᵃᶰᶜᵉᵈ ʳᵒˡᵉᵖˡᵃʸ discussion

MORTUS ORA > Tʜᴇ Lɪʙʀᴀʀʏ

Comments Showing 1-50 of 101 (101 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by georgiabread (new)

georgiabread | 214 comments The library sits on the outskirts of the Wasteland of Ruins. It is unbelievably large, filled with hundreds and hundreds of shelves of books. And there's more on the second level. Of course, most books have withered away to ashes or dust by now, but some remain. They are very soggy and hard to read, though. Also, like so many other places, the library is overgrown with trees and other vegetation. Again, like all other structures this library is used a shelter by many men, women and children still roaming Mortus Ora.

(view spoiler)

message 2: by dreaмcнιld (new)

dreaмcнιld | 127 comments Christopher walked around the crumbling structure. The boy kept his sunglasses pushed up over his eyes for the sake of his sight. He had to say he could see during the day and hated it because of the night vision he controlled. Even having a year of practice he was still uncontrollable with his powers except for mimicking people's voices.

message 3: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments Felipe made his ways through the ruins with his staff in hand and his backpack on his backpack. Even after spending some time with his metal powers, it surprised him that his staff weighed less to him than the backpack did. The backpack was filled with food, water, a sleeping bag and anything that he could put in it before he had to escape the Sanctuary. He still couldn't believe that they had actually tried to experiment on them. He looked at his left arm where they had tried to tattoo him. He traced his fingers over the wound that they had left when they threw away the needle and started to cut the words into his skin. His skin had started to heal but he still could see the faint traces of the word "Savage". Thankfully, they didn't had the patience to put the numbers on him. He put the sleeves of his blue T-shirt down over the word and kept walking. That was a memory that will just stay in the past.

Felipe saw a big crumbling building, which looked like a ruined library. As it seemed to be the most stable building of the ones around him, Felipe started to make his way toward the door. He needed to find a place to lay down for a few minutes and this seemed to be the best candidate.

message 4: by dreaмcнιld (new)

dreaмcнιld | 127 comments Chris looked at some of the books that remained. He loved learn as well as fixing things. His sister told him to stay hidden and only come out when she came back but he wasn't one to just stay hidden for hours on end. He looked down dark halls to find the place safe at the moment but he liked the big build and decided to work on his teleportation. He closed his eyes and envisioned where he marked the x on the floor on the ground floor.

He felt his body shake slightly before he lost his balance. When opening his eyes he saw it worked for once which made him do a fist pump in the air.

message 5: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments Felipe approached the front doors of the building and put his hands on the door. It wasn't locked thankfully but it's hinges were very rusty so Felipe had to pulled with both hands to open the door. He heard the door creak and the sound echoed throughout the inside of the building. He froze and cursed himself for being so stupid. He should have found another way to go in while making less noise but he was too tired to think straight. He put his back against the other wooden door, hiding himself from view, and he waited. If anyone went to investigate the noise, they would only see an open door and nothing else

message 6: by dreaмcнιld (new)

dreaмcнιld | 127 comments The dark haired kid heard the door but was still off balance and fell. His black sunglasses were throw off his face. "Crap," he felt around the ground with closed eyes. If his eyes were open anyone could see the red ring around his dark brown eyes. Most would of though it because of pyrokenisis.

He really was like a weak link if he didn't have his needs taken care of. Soon enough he'd start to panic and won't be able to control himself.

message 7: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments As he didn't heard anything moving, Felipe decided it was safe enough to go in. He walked through the door and crouched down to get around a few plants that had grown around the entrance. He admired the view. The mixture of wilderness and building really made a beautiful sight. Not to say that it was depressing…but beautiful none the less. He saw many shelves of books and…wait, were those sunglasses? Felipe walked closer to them and picked them up, but as soon as he did that he saw a dark haired kid on the ground, feeling blindly for something. Felipe guess that it was for the sunglasses. Felipe walked closer to the kid and tapped his shoulder.

"I think you dropped these." Felipe said holding the black sunglasses closer to the guy's hands on the floor.

message 8: by dreaмcнιld (new)

dreaмcнιld | 127 comments Chris grasped the glasses and put the on his face before opening his eyes. If anyone was to listen closely they'd hear his heart racing. Panic was still clear on his face and his body started shaking. "Please don't kill me," he stuttered out. Behind those black lenses his eyes were scared and wide.

message 9: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments Felipe stared oddly at the kid. "Why would I kill you?" He asked. "I just met you. I don't even know your name, let alone wanting to take away your life." Felipe stood up and grabbed his staff. He slid it inside a holster on the side of his backpack and he stretched out his right hand. "I'm Felipe." He introduced himself.

message 10: by dreaмcнιld (new)

dreaмcнιld | 127 comments The boy sighed and nodded at him. He was taller than the other guy but he was smaller in muscle then him. Chris stood up and dusted his jeans and glanced around for anyone else around. He knew his sister would be back and disapprove of him introducing himself to a stranger. "Christopher but most call me Chris," he gave a friendly smile.

He was kind of glad to meet someone who was friendly. Christopher is a smart but social person.

message 11: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments Felipe smiled back. He looked around at his surrounding before looking back at Chris. Felipe may trust people easily but that doesn't mean he's not cautious. He knew that there were people looking for the "savages" and he was one of them. He still didn't know if this new person was another mutant, a hunter or just a random person, but until he hasn't proven otherwise he was just another survivor.

"So, Chris" Felipe looked up at the kid. "Are you alone out here, are you waiting for someone or what? By the way, I'm sorry if I was the one that caused you to drop your sunglasses. If I startled you with the door or something."

message 12: by dreaмcнιld (new)

dreaмcнιld | 127 comments Chris sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. "My sister is scavenging for some supplies at the moment and it wasn't your complete fault." He smirked for a second but looked down. "She's overprotective of me since everything that's gone on." He had to say he loved his older sister for every part of her even the overprotective and determined part.

He was positive that Felipe was a mutant but the look to the faint words on his arm. Chris knew the same would of happen to him and his sister if they stayed and been took by the government when their foster home burnt down.

message 13: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments Everything that's gone on. It seemed like there was an interesting story behind Chris. But Felipe still hadn't gotten close enough to be confident enough to ask about it. "I'm guessing your sister is older." Felipe said, noticing that the overprotective personality between siblings is usually on the older one. "How old are you, Chris?" He asked. Felipe pulled down his sleeves down on top of the faint words on his skin to hide them. He guessed it didn't matter anymore as Chris had probably seen them but maybe if he didn't it might make a differance. Different people reacted differently about mutants.

message 14: by dreaмcнιld (new)

dreaмcнιld | 127 comments Chris nodded at him. "Andi, yea two years to be exact." He wished she'd just get back already and they could act normal again for once. "Fourteen, but I'm tall for my age which I got from my dad," he smiled even with the past tense. He looked down decided its better to just get everything out.

"You escape the Sanctuary too?" he asked pushing the glasses up. Chris walked over to one of the big stones of the building. He felt lucky to have gotten his sister and himself out at the time he did.

message 15: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments Felipe looked up at him when he mentioned his height. "No kidding." He said, jokingly. "I'm 17 and I'm like 2 inches shorter than you." He smiled.

Felipe looked down when he mentioned The Sanctuary. He could deduce from that statement that both or one of Chris and his sister were mutant. He nodded. "Yeah." Felipe said. "Just when I thought the worst had passed. Now, I'm back where I was with the different that I'm on my own and being hunted by the people that had offered me a place to live in."

message 16: by dreaмcнιld (new)

dreaмcнιld | 127 comments Chris nodded with a smile. "Andi is shorter then me two which his funny." He nodded at the thought of the Sanctuary. "I was born there yet I'm hunted as well as my sister." He looked over to see the sun doing down slowly as usual. "She can control fire and burnt our foster family's house down. I saw what they did when people were turned in as mutants and I just wanted her safe," he sighed at the thought of his teleportation ability.

message 17: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments "So you got her out." Felipe said. "I'm a metallokinetic. I can control metal." To show his point, he lifted his staff and held it out in his hands. Then he pulled his hands away but the staff stayed floating in the air. "I can control metal pretty good." He said, "Mostly because otherwise I wouldn't be able to move." Felipe grabbed his staff again and put it in his backpack.

"Hey, do you think I could rest here for a while?" Felipe asked. "I've been walking for quite a long time, and I really need to sit down. I could share with you some of the supplies while you wait for your sister to come back."

message 18: by dreaмcнιld (new)

dreaмcнιld | 127 comments Chris smiled and laughed. He closed his eyes once more and started to think of the spot he marked earlier. He felt his body shake and he thought more of the details . Again he lost balance when he teleported. "I'm able to teleport but also have night vision which sucks and mimicking people's voices."

"Andi might be mad about you being here but she'll get over it and you seem okay." He pushed the black glasses off his face as he rubbed his eyes. He was temporarily blind but this brown eyes with red rings were noticeable. Chris sighed, "she won't be back til after dark."

message 19: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments "You can't turn off your night vision?" Felipe asked as it seems like the only reason it would suck. "I wish I could turn off my other power. Apart from controlling metal, I am metal. I have a second skin that's made out of metal. It cause a lot of problems…although, it does have its advantages."

Felipe sat down on the floor and leaned against a bookshelf. He grabbed his backpack and put it on the ground next to him. He opened the bag and pulled out two snack bars. He offered one to Chris. "Do you want one?" He asked him.

message 20: by dreaмcнιld (new)

dreaмcнιld | 127 comments Chris nodded at him. "Yea I'm blind without my sunglasses during the day." He walked back over and sat down. He had to say it had its advantages during night or the dark.

He took the snack bar and opened it. "Andi would disapprove of thus big time. She's all strategy when it comes to others as I just use my social skills."

message 21: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments Felipe laughed. "To be honest, I would probably act the same." He said. "But these circumstances are different. We both have powers. We both escaped The Sanctuary. We need to stick together. Besides, how can one hope to gain allies if we're afraid of everyone that we cross paths with?" Felipe finished his snack bar and looked at Chris.

Felipe set his staff down on his legs. "You haven't gone to the labs underground, have you?" Felipe asked Chris.

message 22: by dreaмcнιld (new)

dreaмcнιld | 127 comments Chris laughed at Jim with a nod. "Yea but she sees almost everyone as a threat because of how our parents does and our foster parents treated us." The boy rubbed his hands down his legs. He worried what Andrea would do because she was a fighter and liked it.

"Only for the testing they done on everyone from five to nineteen." They had left right after the house was burned down so the government didn't have the chance.

message 23: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments Felipe nodded. "That's bound to leave a mark." He said. "Having the people that should care more about you, betray you." He looked at Chris. "But it shouldn't completely rule your judgment. Not everyone is the same."

Felipe sighed and grabbed his arm. "I passed too much time down there. In the lab" He said. "You probably already saw the place where they tried to tattoo me. My metal skin protected me but they still found a way to put the word" He put his staff beside him. "I swear, I'm never going to the doctor again."

message 24: by dreaмcнιld (new)

dreaмcнιld | 127 comments Chris shrugged, "she says its all for the best." He pulled some wired from his pocket. He liked tinkering with things even fixing old cars. "I love her but out her you have to be extra careful."

Christopher nodded at him with a sigh. "It would happened to me and Andrea if I didn't teleport us to the park that night "

message 25: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments Felipe nodded. "Thanks for the advice." He said. "I prefer to stay out if trouble. Like, I can handle myself if I'm forced to…but I don't purposely put myself into trouble. Plus, my metal skin helps a lot"

Felipe sighed. "You got lucky." He said. "You skipped one hell of a bad time. But enough about that. Do you guys have a permanent place or do you just wander around and choose the best place to crush for the night?" He asked wanting to know more about Chris and his sister.

message 26: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments ((Hello?))

message 27: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments ((Hello?))

message 28: by dreaмcнιld (new)

dreaмcнιld | 127 comments ((Thought I posted))

Chris nodded at him with a smile. "Yea, I guess my body thought I needed night vision which is more useful except for being blind without my glasses." He ran a hand through his longer brown hair. "Andi, won't do I much anyways."

The boy sighed heavily with a nod. "We stay in a place for awhile or until it dangerous." He looked out of the small hole to see if his sister was coming.

message 29: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments Felipe nodded. "So, do you have any plans?" He asked. "Like, staying alive is your number one priority, right?" Felipe looked at his staff as he talked. "But there's gotta be more to life than that…what's your purpose? Where are you going? What are you going to do? Why are you surviving?" Felipe stood up and leaned against his staff.

Felipe thought about it himself. Why was he alive? What did Felipe want to do? What was his purpose? He was given extraordinary powers just like many other teenagers. Now, what was he going to do with them? He needed a purpose. He sighed and looked down. He was asking a kid a question he didn't even know the answer to himself.

message 30: by dreaмcнιld (new)

dreaмcнιld | 127 comments Chris shrugged at him "Family," he sighed. He didn't really know because him and his sister didn't have a plan but to stay alive. "I mean I could see her hurt and she felt best we leave."

Chris looked out again to see a dark silhouette. He couldn't tell if it was his sister or not because of the setting sun. The dark haired boy waited to hear the five notes of a whistle, which was muffled from the distance.

message 31: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments Felipe lifted his staff and firmly gripped it. "What was that?" He quietly asked Chris. He may trust people…but only if he could see them. He didn't like not knowing the situation around him as it put him at a disadvantage. Weird noises, fast moving shadows, all of this put Felipe on edge. He has had bad experiences with all those things. Especially underground and out here before The Sanctuary. Ever since getting ambushed by bandits, Felipe has been very careful when it comes to weird noises, and not knowing what was around him.

message 32: by dreaмcнιld (new)

dreaмcнιld | 127 comments Chris whistled three notes back with a big grin. "Its my sister." He looked at Felipe happily, "don't let her intimidate you because she'll warm up." He got up and head to the door seeing a girl in red skinny jeans and a black jacket. He was glad she was back and also saw a bag on her back which she didn't carry when she left.

message 33: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments Felipe relaxed a bit, and put the staff back in the holster on the backpack. He figured that someone firmly gripping his staff didn't look as hostile as someone who is unarmed. He followed Chris as he went to greet his sister and he stayed a little way back as he didn't want to push his luck. Chris was in Felipe's line of sight, so Felipe could only see the outlines of Chris' sister. He waited patiently with his arms crossed.

message 34: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments Felipe relaxed a bit, and put the staff back in the holster on the backpack. He figured that someone firmly gripping his staff didn't look as hostile as someone who is unarmed. He followed Chris as he went to greet his sister and he stayed a little way back as he didn't want to push his luck. Chris was in Felipe's line of sight, so Felipe could only see the outlines of Chris' sister. He waited patiently with his arms crossed.

message 35: by dreaмcнιld (new)

dreaмcнιld | 127 comments The fourteen year old smiled at the burette girl that walked. She was tan which was a different to Chris. She had a gun pulled out the moment she saw Felipe. "Andi, he's cool. He's not gonna attack us."

Andrea sighed and turned to her kid brother. "You need to learn to not have attention brought on yourself " She put the gun away and pulled the bag tighter on her shoulders. She was shorter the her brother but she held maturity.

message 36: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments Felipe walked closer to the both of them. "I'm Felipe." He said, introducing himself. "I ran into your brother when I walked in the library…frankly, I just stumbled onto him. I could have just as easily passed by and not have seen him." Now that Chris wasn't in the way, Felipe could see the girl. He thought to himself that she wasn't bad looking but he pushed that thought to the back of his head. He just met this girl and, no matter what Chris said, she could be any type of person. You shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

Felipe glanced over at Chris. "Don't you have any weapons?" He asked, noticing how fast the girl had pulled out her gun. He wondered why Chris hadn't pulled something on him once he got his glasses back on.

message 37: by dreaмcнιld (new)

dreaмcнιld | 127 comments "Andrea," she knew it was instinct to her to be in fight mode but she got it honestly since she had enhanced combat skills. A year of being out here had made her on the edge because of their run with hunters.

Chris laughed nervously. "Yea, I have weapons but I'd rather just talk things out." Andi wrapped and arm around her brother with their same brown eyes. "I'm social as Andi is moody."

message 38: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments Felipe laughed. "Talking things out is the first choice I take." He said. "Only if whoever it is, is reasonable…" Felipe looked at Andrea. "I understand that you may be unsure about me, and I'll admit that it's the same way for me about you, but if you give me a chance, I'll promise that I'll be a great person to have around." Then he turned around and went back to his backpack, from where he took out three water bottles. He went back over to them and offered two of them to the both of them. "I'll start with this." Felipe said. "You can trust me."

message 39: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments Felipe laughed. "Talking things out is the first choice I take." He said. "Only if whoever it is, is reasonable…" Felipe looked at Andrea. "I understand that you may be unsure about me, and I'll admit that it's the same way for me about you, but if you give me a chance, I'll promise that I'll be a great person to have around." Then he turned around and went back to his backpack, from where he took out three water bottles. He went back over to them and offered two of them to the both of them. "I'll start with this." Felipe said. "You can trust me."

message 40: by dreaмcнιld (new)

dreaмcнιld | 127 comments Andrea shook her head at him. "Let's just get inside before dark and I'll cook something." She walked past both boys. Her emotions at the moment were everywhere and she didn't feel like burning anyone.

Chris sighed and took one of the bottles. "Don't blame her much. She has pyrokenisis and its worse with her emotions." He started to follow her, "hope you like soup."

message 41: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments Felipe nodded and followed them. "As long as it's not another cereal bar or snack bar, I'm okay." Felipe said as he walked. His first impression of Chris was really good, he was a very social person and fun to hang out with. Andrea was different. He wouldn't say that it was a bad impression…more like a neutral impression. He felt that he still hasn't been around her enough to get a first impression of her. He followed Chris who was, in turn, following Andrea.

message 42: by dreaмcнιld (new)

dreaмcнιld | 127 comments Andi had dropped the bag of supplies on the ground and looked for something flammable. "I found some cans of beef stew on the raid," she said mainly to her brother.

Chris smiled with excitement. "Meat, I'm surprised it like one and a million out her." He was surprised to know she found some type of meat without killing.

message 43: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments Felipe noticed that Andrea was looking for something flammable and he went to his backpack. He had a few dry branches that he kept in case he was stuck outside by the time night fell, he guessed tomorrow he could pick some up to replaced the ones that he was going to use now. He grabbed the branches and offered them to Andrea. "Maybe this could help you cook." He said to her. "Or at least start a fire. I have a box of matches in my backpack, if you need some."

message 44: by dreaмcнιld (new)

dreaмcнιld | 127 comments Andrea shook her head at him. "Some of the ruined books will be better. You'd rather keep those just in case you need them." She grabbed some books from the ground and made a small stack. She pulled out a lighter from her pocket and looked at it for a second.

Chris pulled out some spoons from his own bag with a smile. He stood up and watched his sister take deep breaths. "Try," he sighed out. He watched as his sister made a small fireball and dropped it on the books.

message 45: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments Felipe put the branches back in the backpack and then went back to the siblings. Felipe stood and watched as Andrea set fire to the books and these caught fire. He decided to sit on the floor and just stand to the side as Andrea did her thing. He figured he was just going to bother her if he tried to help her and he would better be off standing on the side. He pulled his backpack closer to him and started to tidy things up inside of it. As he waited for the food, he opened pockets and switched things from one place to another.

message 46: by dreaмcнιld (new)

dreaмcнιld | 127 comments Andrea took out her knife and opened the cans setting them close to the fire. She looked up at her brother. "Chris, give me a tune," she sighed. It was but it helped calmed her.

Chris thought for a moment. "The song mom and dad always played." He loved that song as he listened to her hum.

message 47: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments Felipe finished organizing his backpack and he pushed to the side, but not before taking out a small metal iron ball the size of a ping pong ball. He looked at Andrea as she started humming and Felipe decided to practice on his powers. He put the ball on his hand and started to make it levitate and hover around his hand. He made it spin and draw circles in his hand as he used his other hand to pull it to the other side. The ball moved and stayed in between both his hands, in mid air, as it drew circles in the air. Felipe liked to do this little exercise for his power, because it helped him relax and it was a pretty harmless exercise. If he messed up or lost concentration, nothing would happen unless he span the ball at high speeds which he almost never did. He concentrated on his power while he waited for Andrea to finish cooking.

message 48: by dreaмcнιld (new)

dreaмcнιld | 127 comments Andrea hummed softly as she finished the food. She was used to her and her brother sharing these nights. She carefully picked up a can for her brother and one for Felipe. She sat Christopher's down and walked over to Felipe. "Here," she murmured.

Chris took out spoons and handed one to Andi and looked in his pack for another since he had two already.

message 49: by Quemares (new)

Quemares | 46 comments Felipe looked up at Andrea without losing control over the ball of metal. He accepted the can of beef stew and at the same time, he snatched the ball from the air. He grabbed it, the ball immediately transformed from a ping pong sized ball to a solid, small spoon which he could use to it. "Thank you." Felipe said, looking up at Andrea. "I know it might be strange offering a stranger food but I really think we, people with powers, should stick together. Thanks for not kicking me out and for giving me a chance." He smiled at her, before looking down at his can and proceeded to eat his food.

message 50: by dreaмcнιld (new)

dreaмcнιld | 127 comments Andrea nodded and went back to her seat. She looked at the well burning fire and put it out since the sun set. "You can take those things off now, Chris." She started eating happy for the food she found.

Chris smiled and took off his sunglasses. He could see perfectly at night and he missed seeing during the day. "I've been practicing teleporting," hr mentioned to his sister.

« previous 1 3

The Hunted| ᵃᶰ ᵃᵈᵛᵃᶰᶜᵉᵈ ʳᵒˡᵉᵖˡᵃʸ

unread topics | mark unread