readers advisory for all discussion

so ask already!!! > looking for Scandinavian fiction

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Not crime type books. I'm looking for books similar to
A Man Called Ove A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman .
Regular every day life fiction.

message 2: by Jaye (new)

Jaye bump

message 3: by Fjóla (new)

Fjóla (fjolarun) | 2 comments What about Berlin Poplars or The Half Brother (both by Norwegian authors)?

message 4: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Fjóla wrote: "What about Berlin Poplars or The Half Brother (both by Norwegian authors)?"

Ok, thanks. I'm going to see if the library system has them.

message 5: by Sundayscat (new)

Sundayscat | 1 comments Which languages can you read in? Unfortunately a lot of good stuff appears to not have been translated into english.

Maybe you would like Popular Music from Vitulla by Mikael Niemi? It takes place in the northern part of Sweden, close to the Finnish border.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...

message 6: by Holly (new)

Holly (moonshiner) Per Petterson is a Norwegian writer who wrote the highly-acclaimed Out Stealing Horses. He has quite a few novels that have been translated into English.

message 7: by Jaye (last edited Feb 21, 2015 03:56PM) (new)

Jaye Sundayscat wrote: "Which languages can you read in? Unfortunately a lot of good stuff appears to not have been translated into english.

Maybe you would like Popular Music from Vitulla by Mikael Niemi? It takes place..."

I can read only English. It makes it complicated to find if books have been translated.

reading is my hustle (readingismyhustle) | 66 comments There is this one: The Farm. :)

message 10: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Fjóla wrote: "The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared might also be a bi..."

I started this one and then set it aside for now.
Maybe I will go back to it at some point. It's not quite what I am looking for.

message 11: by Jaye (new)

Jaye I'll look at the others mentioned.
Thanks for the suggestions !