Read by Theme discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
What We're Reading > February 2015: Set in the Medieval Era

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jackie (last edited Jan 30, 2015 10:18AM) (new)

Jackie | 82 comments The poll for February's theme is now closed and it was a close one! The winner is books set in the Medieval Era! The Middle Ages/Medieval period lasted from the 5th century to the 15th century. This is actually a pretty broad topic and can cover anything from the rise of Islam to the Byzantine Empire. Here are a couple of lists with some ideas if you are looking for a little inspiration:

Medieval Fantasy Books
Best Medieval Romance Novels
Best Medieval History Books
Medieval and Renaissance Historical Fiction

Remember that once you've finished your book(s) for the month, you're always welcome to start a discussion topic in the month's folder (which works best if there are others in the group who have read or are currently reading the book in question) or post your thoughts (or just drop a link to your review!) in the thread below.

And don't forget to vote on the poll for March's theme. The poll for April's theme will open in the next few days.

message 2: by Brie (new)

Brie | 6 comments Fantastic! I think this calls for a little Chaucer and The Canterbury Tales. The real challenge will be if I can finish it in a month...

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I wasn't able to get my January themed book read but I am excited about February.

I am going to try for one of these:

Son of the Shadows
Shadow on the Crown
The Name of the Wind

message 4: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 101 comments I am going to read Katherine by Anya Seton

message 5: by Lamilla (new)

Lamilla Ordered Company of Liars  by Karen Maitland a couple of weeks ago from BWB. See if it arrives till the end of the February

message 6: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 69 comments I hope to read In a Dark Wood by Michael Cadnum which is a variation on the Robin Hood legend.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I would like to read, Daughter of the Forest and Finnikin of the Rock

message 8: by Anne (new)

Anne | 68 comments when I finish my January book I will be reading Wars of the Roses - Book One Stormbird - by Colin Iggulden Stormbird (Wars of the Roses, #1) by Conn Iggulden

message 9: by Silver (new)

Silver Shomeret wrote: "I hope to read In a Dark Wood by Michael Cadnum which is a variation on the Robin Hood legend."

I really enjoyed that book

message 10: by Silver (new)

Silver As a lover of Arthurian Legend for the Middle Ages theme I will be reading Sword of the Rightful King

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I read The Black Lyon by Jude Deveraux because it is on every Midieval list on goodreads but between the "to stupid to live" heroine and the jackass of a hero I couldn't figure out why it was on all those list or rated so high.

message 12: by Sara (new)

Sara | 57 comments I am going to read In the Company of the Courtesan and try to re-read Year of Wonders in print version since I didn't like the voice of the author who narrates the Audio version.

message 13: by Brie (new)

Brie | 6 comments I ACTUALLY finished The Canterbury Tales!!! I'm shocked!!! It was amazing and wonderful and surprisingly funny! Chaucer is fantastic...

message 14: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Finally finished a 2nd book this month... Shadow on the Crown by Patricia Bracewell I think that a lot of people will like this book but I couldn't get in to it or really enjoy the characters much.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.