♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

Suggesting Books > Book to Make me CRY

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin | 1 comments I'm looking for a YA book the will rip my heart out and destroy it leaving me emotionally scared at the hands of a paperback. Dramatic I know, But I need something Great!

The Plot Twist- I don't want it to be a "typical made me cry book"- No Fault in our Stars, If I stay, Cancer, Suicide, Drug use, that sort of thing.

I want a book that destroys me emotionally and I didn't even see it coming.
Here are some examples of books that I've read that mirror what I'm looking for...
Clockwork Princess (JEM)
Book Thief
Code Name Verity

message 2: by Amphitrite (new)

Amphitrite (ravenclaweruditedemigodselected) | 108 comments The One made me cry at the end :( and I was in class when I read it

message 3: by Amphitrite (new)

Amphitrite (ravenclaweruditedemigodselected) | 108 comments The One made me cry at the end :( and I was in class when I read it

message 4: by Shadows (new)

Shadows n Secrecy (shadowsnsecrecy) | 50 comments You are EXACT the type of person I am! I bawled my eyes out like crazy in Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Princess, but didn't even get close to shedding a tear in The Fault in Our Stars. So the sort of books that makes me cry should be the same type that makes you cry. Try Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton. The first book in the trilogy didn't make me cry, the second book was a tearjerker, and the third book was a cry-me-a-river tearjerker. Enjoy!

message 5: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 794 comments Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma The Storyteller by Antonia Michaelis
They are real tearjerker.

message 6: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Veronica wrote: "Forbidden by Tabitha SuzumaThe Storyteller by Antonia Michaelis
They are real tearjerker."

I second to Forbidden. Literally heart-shattering.