J.D. Robb discussion

Archives > News from Nora

Comments Showing 1-50 of 114 (114 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 13386 comments Mod
I thought you might find her most recent newsletter interesting.

"I’m currently in the middle of the first of two In Death books for 2016. Dennis Mira figures in a good portion of the story, and I’m as in love with Mr. Mira as Eve is. No details on the 42nd full length In Death right now – after all, I still have to finish it! But I can tell you about the 40th book – Obsession in Death – out on February 10.

Over the course of the series, Eve's solved a lot of high-profile murders for the NYPSD and generated a lot of media. Despite that, she remains uncomfortable with being the focus of attention, of gossip, of speculation--not only as Roarke’s wife, but also for her work.

But now Eve has become the object of one person’s obsession. Someone who finds her extraordinary, and thinks about her every hour of every day. Who believes the two of them have a special relationship. Someone would kill for her over and over. Eve knows underneath the worship and admiration, a terrible threat lies in wait because she's not at all grateful for these bloody offerings from her “true and loyal friend.” And in time, idols always fall.

The In Deaths have gone from an experimental trilogy about an edgy loner of a murder cop, to a series of 40 books and 10 novellas. I’m just so pleased readers come along for ride through the cases, the relationship rules and the growing world of Eve Dallas. I have no plans to stop my twice-yearly visits to New York of the near future, and I hope you’ll continue to join in on the fun."

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 10393 comments Mod
Love Dennis Mira! Can't wait to see what Nora does with that!

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

That caught my eye, too!

message 4: by Brittany (new)

Brittany I adore Dennis! I can't wait to see more of him.

message 5: by Diane (new)

Diane (dcg4us) "I have no plans to stop my twice-yearly visits to New York of the near future, and I hope you’ll continue to join in on the fun."

This is the best part! I love Mr. Mira too!! lol

message 6: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) "an experimental trilogy"? I am SO glad it caught on!

SB*needs low angst books* | 886 comments This is awesome!! I love Mr. Mira. This is gonna be good.

message 8: by Quynh (new)

Quynh | 1269 comments Exciting news!! And any scenes between Eve and Mr. Mira always tug at my heart strings! Can't wait for Obsession and the next 2 books. Also super glad she has no plans to stop writing this series. Love it!

SB*needs low angst books* | 886 comments Quynh wrote: "Exciting news!! And any scenes between Eve and Mr. Mira always tug at my heart strings! Can't wait for Obsession and the next 2 books. Also super glad she has no plans to stop writing this series. ..."

Amen!!!

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

Ditto!

message 11: by Jonetta (new)

I know! As long as she's content writing two books a year, I'll enjoy reading them. Going the distance:)

message 12: by Tina (new)

Tina | 100 comments Whew! as I was reading this I was sure she was going to say she was winding the series down. I know some people think it has gone too long, but I love these. I have very few auto-buys left and this series is one of them. So very glad she is still doing them for the foreseeable future.

message 13: by Karma Queen (new)

Karma Queen (karmaqueen) | 236 comments I am so excited about this. Thanks for sharing Jonetta!

message 14: by Jonetta (new)

Karma Queen wrote: "I am so excited about this. Thanks for sharing Jonetta!

"

Lol! I get it:)

message 15: by Quynh (new)

Quynh | 1269 comments Series too long? .... NEVER! Lol. I could read about Eve and Roarke forever. Even if it's Eve learning how to knit. Not that it would happen but I'd still read it.

message 16: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3245 comments Snicker. I think it would be freaking funny to have Eve trying to do something crafty. Knitting. What a vision that gave me

message 17: by Paula (new)

Paula | 245 comments Michael wrote: "Dawn, how about Eve as a babysitter? She could entertain kids with crafts! That would be hard for her to get her head around, but I could see her getting stuck taking care of Belle for an afternoon..."

Michael, I can actually live with Eve getting pregnant. Roarke would drive her crazy. It could actually be funny. But I think you will get your wish, I don't see it happening any time soon.

message 18: by Jonetta (new)

Nora reiterated this again a few weeks ago. Ain't gonna happen.

message 19: by ShoSho (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 50 comments Jonetta wrote: "Nora reiterated this again a few weeks ago. Ain't gonna happen."

She's not going to get pregnant ?
(I liked to see that though , it would be real funny but not if it meant the end of the series )

message 20: by Jonetta (new)

Yes, it would mean the end of the series.

message 21: by ShoSho (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 50 comments Jonetta wrote: "Yes, it would mean the end of the series."

Okay then , That settles it ! I never want her to get pregnant!

message 22: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments I think Eve having to take care of Bella for an afternoon would be a hoot. But you know she would first try to pawn her off on Summerset, then Peabody, MacNab, or Roarke. If she couldn't do that she would try anyone under (or over) her.

message 23: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3245 comments I love the idea of Roarke and Eve babysitting. But Sommerset needs to be away from the house.

message 24: by Paula (new)

Paula | 245 comments ShoSho wrote: "Jonetta wrote: "Yes, it would mean the end of the series."

Okay then , That settles it ! I never want her to get pregnant!"

DITTO

message 25: by Jonetta (new)

In today's Nora's News, she mentions the first new In Death book of 2016 is called Brotherhood in Death. All she stated was she's finished the book. Can't wait to find out the synopsis.

message 26: by Sandra (new)

I read that too, Jonetta! How exciting!

message 27: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (sekay88) Ditto!

message 28: by Sara ♥ (new)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments I'm re-listening to Obsession right now... But I'm so excited about this Dennis Mira future book!!! LOVE HIM!!!!

message 29: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3245 comments No synopsis? What the heck?

message 30: by Jonetta (new)

Nope. Not even on the UK site, which always gets it early.

message 31: by Quynh (new)

Quynh | 1269 comments I love Dennis! Can't wait for more of him and Eve moments.

message 32: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3245 comments Wow. What a tease. Lol

message 33: by Jonetta (last edited Apr 11, 2015 04:47AM) (new)

It's a great tease!

message 34: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments I agree Micheal. Of course NR can't write fast enough for me.

message 35: by Lynnette (new)

Lynnette Hartwig (69mustanglady) | 40 comments I just found this on Penguin's website. Can't wait.

About Brotherhood in Death

The new novel featuring homicide detective Eve Dallas from the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Devoted in Death.

Sometimes brotherhood can be another word for conspiracy. . . .

Dennis Mira just had two unpleasant surprises. First he learned that his cousin Edward was secretly meeting with a real estate agent about their late grandfather’s magnificent West Village brownstone, despite the promise they both made to keep it in the family. Then, when he went to the house to confront Edward about it, he got a blunt object to the back of the head.

Luckily Dennis is married to Charlotte Mira, the NYPSD’s top profiler and a good friend of Lieutenant Eve Dallas. When the two arrive on the scene, he explains that the last thing he saw was Edward in a chair, bruised and bloody. When he came to, his cousin was gone. With the mess cleaned up and the security disks removed, there’s nothing left behind but a few traces for forensics to analyze.

As a former lawyer, judge, and senator, Edward Mira mingled with the elite and crossed paths with criminals, making enemies on a regular basis. Like so many politicians, he also made some very close friends behind closed—and locked—doors. But a badge and a billionaire husband can get you into places others can’t go, and Eve intends to shine some light on the dirty deals and dark motives behind the disappearance of a powerful man, the family discord over a multimillion-dollar piece of real estate . . . and a new case that no one saw coming.

message 36: by Jonetta (new)

Lynnette, we've opened the topic for this book under the In Death Books folder. Here's the link so you can share your feedback with other members.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 37: by Jonetta (new)

Nora dropped a little nugget in her October Nora's News newsletter. The name of the fall book is Apprentice in Death. Sounds ominous if you think about it.

She only mentioned the name so that's all I've got to share. Let the speculation begin!

message 38: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Morell (smorell22) | 2165 comments Jonetta wrote: "Nora dropped a little nugget in her October Nora's News newsletter. The name of the fall book is Apprentice in Death. Sounds ominous if you think about it.

She only mentioned the name so that's a..."

Sounds very interesting.

message 39: by Sandra (new)

Intriguing...

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 7 comments Hmmmm, intriguing is right.

message 41: by Sandra (last edited Dec 03, 2015 12:45PM) (new)

There's a contest going to design a lithograph product line for Naked In Death! How cool!

When it came time to discuss design, the Litographs team suggested a contest to give avid In Death readers/designers a chance to share their vision of the book. Nora loved the idea, and so we’re turning this over to you.

The NAKED IN DEATH Reader Design Contest

The contest is open to readers worldwide beginning at noon (US EST) Friday, November 27.

You can read all about it here:

Naked In Death Design Contest

message 42: by Jonetta (new)

Nora is changing publishers...moving from Penguin to Macmillan- St. Martin's Press.

Here's more information.

message 43: by Sandra (new)

Very interesting. Nice article.

message 44: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Jonetta wrote: "Nora is changing publishers...moving from Penguin to Macmillan- St. Martin's Press.

Here's more information."

Hmmmm.... I hope it works out. As long as she doesn't change audiobook narrators...

message 45: by Sandra (new)

Looks like Nora has finished next fall's In Death book - at least the rough draft. From her Newsletter:

I did slip in a bit of writing time while we were in Italy. If we didn’t have big touring plans on a particular day, I’d put in some time on my laptop (not the same as writing in my office, but the views more than made up for it) and a few days before heading home I finished the fall 2017 JD Robb – Secrets in Death. More about that next year.

message 46: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 3245 comments Lol, I just read my email and saw that. She gave nothing up about Secrets though.

message 47: by Jonetta (new)

Not a word!

message 48: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine Tucker | 196 comments Finding that in the Newsletter was definitely the highlight of my day! I was so excited!!

message 49: by Jeanette (new)

Jeanette (jenb_73) | 153 comments Woohoo! Keep them coming!! Only I really need to catch up. LOL :-)

message 50: by Jonetta (new)

The J. D. Robb website is redesigned! The link is the same but it now has a completely different look.

« previous 1 3