Girls Only Book Club discussion

Our God > Favorite Book of the Bible

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) What is your favorite book of the Bible? What book do you enjoy reading?

message 2: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) I would say that 1 John is my favorite book of the Bible. I also love reading the stories of Esther and Ruth. They just show you that even though you are a woman you still can do great things.

Isabel of the Sea (oceangirlie) | 1375 comments I love Pslam!!! It explains so much to me of God's word and about human life and souls! I do not have a fav verse from the book.

message 4: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) I haven't read all of Psalm but i have read some of it. I will have to read that one next!

message 5: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (siobhanpatricia) Romans! I love Romans!

❄Elsa Frost❄ (elsafrost) I know some of you might not like this book (since it's part of the Apocrypha and, therefore, not found in Protestant Bibles), but my favorite book in the Bible is Tobit. I just find so much meaning in it, and I feel like it is so relatable. It's just so... wonderful!

message 7: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Cool!

@Siobhan, i just finished reading Romans!!!

message 8: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) ❄Elsa Frost❄ wrote: "I know some of you might not like this book (since it's part of the Apocrypha and, therefore, not found in Protestant Bibles), but my favorite book in the Bible is Tobit. I just find so much meanin..."

I have never read it. But still cool!!

message 9: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) I really love Romans too!!!!

message 10: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) :)

message 11: by Leah (new)

Leah Hmm, well, I really enjoy and find a lot of encouragement in the New Testament books. Romans, 1 and 2 Corinthians, Galatians, and Ephesians are a fw I really love! ♡

message 12: by Anna (last edited May 10, 2015 05:03PM) (new)

Anna I really love Esther, Psalms, Romans, and James. I also really enjoy reading the Gospels!

Have any of you read through the entire Bible yet? A few years ago I did, and it wasn't that bad. ;) Right now I am reading Job.

message 13: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Wow! Good job! I haven't book I am working in it!!

message 14: by Leah (new)

Leah I read the whole bible in a year last year. :)
Now I am reading most of the New Testament.

message 15: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Awesome job Leah!

message 16: by Leah (new)

Leah Thanks! :)

ᴘʜᴏᴇɴɪx ★ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴍᴇ, ɪ'ᴍ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ★ | 801 comments Congrats Leah!

My faves are Ruth, Esther & Revelation. They're just my all-time favorites!

message 18: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Those are also good books

message 19: by Leah (new)

Leah Those are really good books as well. :)

message 20: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Yup!

message 21: by Avery Joy (new)

Avery Joy | 624 comments I like Ruth, 1 John, Psalms, and Proverbs!!!

message 22: by Leah (new)

Leah Those are great books. =)

message 23: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Agreed!!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

No, I haven't read the entire bible yet but I'd like to at some point. My favourite book is 1 Peter, as I can really connect with verses. :)

message 25: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) 1 Peter is a great book!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Genesis because it's what started it all.
-The Gospels because of Jesus and salvation and everything.
-Revelations because it's so exciting with all the Heavenly details.

message 27: by M.K. (new)

M.K. Aneal (mkaneal) | 806 comments WOW. Idk.... Probably Matthew BC it starts the Gospels and maybe Esther BC I love the story!! But I honestly love them all and don't kno if that's my favs. Lol

message 28: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) I like all of those. Pretty much, I like all of the books in the Bible!!

message 29: by Leah (new)

Leah Yes! Some books, although they are great, can get tedious when you have to read them. Dor example: Job is a very hard book to read.

message 30: by Leah (new)

Leah *for

message 31: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Yes, I read Job once, and whew, it was boring.

message 32: by Avery Joy (new)

Avery Joy | 624 comments I have to agree.

message 33: by Leah (new)

Leah (limit722) | 2 comments ❄Elsa Frost❄ wrote: "I know some of you might not like this book (since it's part of the Apocrypha and, therefore, not found in Protestant Bibles), but my favorite book in the Bible is Tobit. I just find so much meanin..."

What version of the bible is that? (Version as in KJV, NIV, NLT, NKJV, ESV, etc.)

message 34: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) idk