Girls Only Book Club discussion

Our God > Favorite Verse

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) What is your favorite verse in the Bible? You may post as many verses as you want!

message 2: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) I would say John 3:16. It is an encouraging verse and i just LOVE it!

message 3: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Isaiah 53:4-5
Surely he took up our pain and bore out suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.

Isabel of the Sea (oceangirlie) | 1375 comments Haley(fabulous and crazy at the same time)(Follower of Christ) wrote: "Isaiah 53:4-5
Surely he took up our pain and bore out suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted.
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed fo..."

This is a good verse as well! ;)

message 5: by Haley (last edited Feb 16, 2015 12:25PM) (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) :) I LOVE it! It justs proves how AWESOME OUR GOD is!

message 6: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (siobhanpatricia) 1Corinthians 15:58

Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

message 7: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Yay God!!! That is a very good verse!

message 8: by Anna (new)

Anna I love Colossians 3:14: "And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."
I also like I Thessolonians 5: 16-18: "Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." Yay God!

message 9: by Anna (new)

Anna This is also a good encouraging verse: Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”

message 10: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Love those verses!!

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessjkim) One of the verses that touched me the most:
"But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." - 2. Corinthians 12:9

message 12: by Anna (new)

Anna I love that verse!

message 13: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Very nice!!

Isabel of the Sea (oceangirlie) | 1375 comments Verses are awesome!! Luke 24:1-10

message 15: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) AGREE so much!!

message 16: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Hebrews 1 is very nice. I love it!

Isabel of the Sea (oceangirlie) | 1375 comments Lol!

message 18: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) :)

message 19: by Lee (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 760 comments Psalms 41 vs 11 and Psalms 37 vs 1-ll are really good.

Isabel of the Sea (oceangirlie) | 1375 comments I agree!

message 21: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Agree!!

message 22: by Anna (new)

Anna (annaseyeforpages) | 143 comments I have so many but this one has always been my favorite:

"My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." (Psalms 73:26)

message 23: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Amen!

message 24: by Leah (new)

Leah "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time. Casting all your care upon him, forhe careth for you."
1 Peter 5:4,5

ᴘʜᴏᴇɴɪx ★ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴍᴇ, ɪ'ᴍ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ★ | 801 comments "What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee." (Psa. 56:3)

message 26: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) 1 Thessalonians 5:17
Pray without ceasing

message 27: by Lee (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 760 comments "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."
1 John 4:7,8

message 28: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Amen!

Isabel of the Sea (oceangirlie) | 1375 comments I like the verse! Amen!

ᴘʜᴏᴇɴɪx ★ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴍᴇ, ɪ'ᴍ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ★ | 801 comments "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you & not to harm you, plans to give you hope & a future." ~Jer. 29:11

Isabel of the Sea (oceangirlie) | 1375 comments This is also another good one!!

message 32: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Amazing! I just read that one but I love the whole Jeremiah 39:11-13!!

message 33: by A (new)

A (beautiful7852) | 3 comments i love john 3:16 and phillipians 4:13

message 34: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Yes! John 3:16 is amazing! I don't think I will ever forget it!

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

The one with "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do". *shivers*
Sorry I don't know the reference. lol.

message 36: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Yes

message 37: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) :) Nice!! I will have to look some of those up. I know most of them though. lol

message 38: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Proverbs 18:24
One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin,
but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

And Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,

“Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you.”

message 39: by Dami (new)

Dami | 45 comments I love Proverbs 31 : 10 and John 3 : 16

message 40: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) *nods head* Definitely!

message 41: by Lee (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 760 comments The Psalms always seems to fit our situations no matter what they are.

message 42: by Chaya & Cinnamon (new)

Chaya & Cinnamon (chayacinnamon) I love Psalms/Tehillim! :)

Chaya

message 43: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Lee-lette wrote: "The Psalms always seems to fit our situations no matter what they are."

I agree!

message 44: by Leah (new)

Leah I may have mentioned this before, but my favorite bible verse is:
"Casting all your care upon Him; for He cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7

message 45: by Celestial (new)

Celestial That is a really good verse.

message 46: by Lilia (new)

Lilia | 52 comments How can one choose a favorite verse? I mean, there's so many great verses in the Bible, although I do really like Romans 8:28

message 47: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Oh yes!!! I definitely know! There are just so many!!

message 48: by Celestial (new)

Celestial I have never been able to state my favorite verse on any of these threads because once I think of one I can think of another and so on!

message 49: by Celestial (last edited Apr 26, 2016 03:09PM) (new)

Celestial Romans 8:28 is a really good verse. :)

message 50: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Yeah!

« previous 1