Bright Young Things discussion

Plays (1900-1945) > Man and Superman by George Bernard Shaw

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori | 73 comments The National Theatre is doing a production of Man and Superman by George Bernard Shaw, starring Ralph Fiennes.

Tickets are largely sold out for the stage production (boo!)but it will be shown live at cinemas on Thursday 14 May. More details here:
http://ntlive.nationaltheatre.org.uk/...

Just posting in case anyone is interested :)

message 2: by Jan C (new)

Jan C (woeisme) | 1525 comments I saw a reading of it in Chicago a number of years ago. The only actor I can remember (there were four big names) was Agnes Moorehead. Possibly Christopher Plummer. It was in the '70s, I think.

message 3: by Barbara (last edited Feb 01, 2015 08:49AM) (new)

Barbara Thanks for mentioning this, Lori. Just yesterday a friend was telling me about National Live Theatre's plays being shown at my favorite local movie house....I had no idea. So now I'll be going to this!!! I've loved GBS since high school (eek--nearly 50 years ago!) and Man and Superman was the very first of his plays that I read. Will be wonderful to see this. Woo hoo!

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori | 73 comments No problem, Barbara. National Theatre Live is a great idea. I went to see 'Private Lives' by Noel Coward starring Anna Chancellor and Toby Stephens at our local cinema last year. It was fantastic and I was so pleased I could see it at the cinema after I couldn't manage to get tickets for the theatre production.

message 5: by Roisin (new)

Roisin | 729 comments Not sure that I've read this particular play. Familiar with some of his others.