Read Scotland 2015 discussion

The Hebridean: 9-12 books > Jules' Books

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie (juliemdobson) Finished my first (Scottish/Scotland) book.

1) Outlander - Diana Gabaldon

Outlander

message 2: by Peggy (new)

Peggy (peggyherself) | 162 comments Mod
Julie wrote: "Finished my first (Scottish/Scotland) book.

1) Outlander - Diana Gabaldon

Outlander"

Very popular series, Julie. It was on Starz TV as a new series too. Will be back for season 2.

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie (juliemdobson) It is a very popular series, not so much for me. I'm on the fence about watching the TV series. Wasn't a big fan of the book. On the plus side, my poor book shelves have sighed in relief on hearing that I wont be adding the next 6 (or is there more) chunkster books to the already sagging shelves.

message 4: by Peggy (new)

Julie wrote: "It is a very popular series, not so much for me. I'm on the fence about watching the TV series. Wasn't a big fan of the book. On the plus side, my poor book shelves have sighed in relief on hearing..."

I started the first one and gave up. It wasn't for me either. I have not watched the series but my neighbor lady that is 77 adores the books and read them several times and watches the series too. Go figure!

message 5: by Beth (new)

Beth Mast | 25 comments I enjoyed the series more then I enjoyed the books. However, nothing beats hearing the Scottish accent then reading it. ;)

message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie (juliemdobson) My second book of the challenge Knots & Crosses.

I really enjoyed this one, fun read, looking forward to rhe rest of the series.

My Review

message 7: by Peggy (new)

Julie wrote: "My second book of the challenge Knots & Crosses.

I really enjoyed this one, fun read, looking forward to rhe rest of the series.

My Review "

That was my first experience with Ian Rankin Julie. I love his books! If you can get one on audio its really good that way with the lovely scottish accent reading to you!

message 8: by Julie (new)

Julie (juliemdobson) This is my second book by him, looking forward to the next books. I've heard his books have had some fantastic readers for the audios