Books on the Nightstand discussion

Book Specific Discussions > YOU by Caroline Kepnes -SPOILERS

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Louise (new)

Louise | 279 comments So... just finished the audiobook this morning. I'm home with the flu so I've finished it in 2 days. I'd love to discuss it a bit.

I think the narrator Santino Fontana did a great job, and the book is very well written/pulled off.
So all in all a 4 star read for me :-)

SPOILER ALERT!!

I have one issue though! The cab trip to the bookshop Joe takes with an unconscious girlfriend in his arms - how does it not have any consequences? The other murders seem unlikely to implicate him, but seriously, an unfaithful girlfriend gets murdered/dissappears, how does Joe not get investigated? ONE DNA swipe of the bookshop would totally give him away, even if they stay away from the cellar, and it can't be that common for N.y. cabdrivers to drive unconscious girls around who then turn up dead? From the comment Joe makes that she leaves behind a story (where Nicky is framed for the murder) you sense there might have been quite a lot of media attention?

I also wonder that Joe doesn't get back at Curtis for the assault...

Thoughts?

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (akingman) | 2097 comments Mod
Agreed. But I was so gripped by the audio performance that I decided to suspend disbelief.

message 3: by Louise (new)

Louise | 279 comments Yes, hope they get Fontana to narrate the sequel as well!

message 4: by Robin (new)

Robin Fontana did a superb job! It was my very first audiobook experience, and a memorable one at that.

And they simply have to get him to do "Love"... it wouldn't be the same with anyone else.

message 5: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katsikes) | 171 comments I loved the audio version of this - and I agree that it took some suspension of disbelief. But at the same time, is it really that hard to believe that a creeper like this exists? I'm at once enthralled with the book and scared out of my mind...
I'm so excited to hear that the sequel is coming out this year - the only problem is that one of my 2016 challenges is to not buy any books, and that includes audio books! Ack! I don't think my local library will get this one in, either. So I guess I wait for 2017... :)

message 6: by Britany (new)

Britany | 539 comments I'm currently reading this one now... Creepy and I find myself flummoxed by the fact that the author is a woman!

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 200 comments Ooh I have this on my list to try in audio. One of my friends named it as her favorite read of 2015.

message 8: by Britany (new)

Britany | 539 comments I just finished this one last night-- ultra creepy, and vulgar!

message 9: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katsikes) | 171 comments Britany wrote: "I'm currently reading this one now... Creepy and I find myself flummoxed by the fact that the author is a woman!"

DEFINITELY listen to the audio. The performance is fantastic. The narrator is the actor who played Prince Hans in Frozen.
She's coming out with a sequel this year and I think I'm going to break my no book buying in 2016 rule for the audio of the new one!

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 200 comments I just started it today and wow, shiver.

message 11: by Britany (new)

Britany | 539 comments Wow!!! How interesting Katherine!

message 12: by Sue (new)

Sue | 415 comments Hidden Bodies is out next Tuesday, I believe! I can't wait to hear Joe's creepy, beautiful voice in my car again.

Katherine wrote: "Britany wrote: "I'm currently reading this one now... Creepy and I find myself flummoxed by the fact that the author is a woman!"

DEFINITELY listen to the audio. The performance is fantastic. The ..."

message 13: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (katsikes) | 171 comments Sue wrote: "Hidden Bodies is out next Tuesday, I believe! I can't wait to hear Joe's creepy, beautiful voice in my car again.

Katherine wrote: "Britany wrote: "I'm currently reading this one now... Creepy an..."

Yup - out on the 23rd - so I will be breaking my no book buying rule in 4 days... :)