Never Too Old For Y.A. & N.A. Books discussion

44 views
Week 6: 2nd-8th February

Comments Showing 1-50 of 73 (73 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sylvia (last edited Jan 30, 2015 02:58AM) (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
We are up to Week 6 of the challenge.



The topic for this week is:

6. a book written by someone under 30

Guidelines:

* You must read and review at least 1 book per topic or more and of any genre.
* Author must have been under 30 when they wrote the book.
* REMEMBER to sign up on the home page and name your folder, WEEKLY CHALLENGE: Week 6
* ADD the link to your folder in the weekly discussion/topic thread…https://www.goodreads.com/challenges/...
* Don't forget to have fun!

Challenge will begin Monday 2nd February and End Sunday 8th February


message 2: by Sylvia (last edited Jan 30, 2015 05:46AM) (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Here is a list of some Authors Under the Age of 30. They are:

Tahereh Mafi
Veronica Roth
Victoria Schwab
Aimee Carter
Hannah Harrington
Sarah Wylie
Sarah J. Maas
Kat Zhang
Zoraida Cordova
Chanelle Gray
Alexandra Andornetto
Christopher Paolini
Kody Keplinger
Tea Obreht
Caitlin Kittredge
Jackson Pearce
Kristin Cast
Hannah Moskowitz
Cayla Kluver
Paige Harbison
Courtney Summers
Jenny Han
Jessica Khoury
Anna Jarzab
Markus Zusak
Kara Taylor
Marie Lu


message 3: by Tracy (last edited Feb 02, 2015 06:01PM) (new)


message 4: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
I'm going to finally read Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3) by Tahereh Mafi and finish off the series.


message 5: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments I'm thinking of reading one of these Golden Son (Red Rising Trilogy, #2) by Pierce Brown The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1) by Marie Lu maybe I'll be able to get to both since I really want to read them :)


message 6: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Sylvia wrote: "I'm going to finally read Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3) by Tahereh Mafi and finish off the series."

Oh Sylvia, it's so good!


message 7: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments We can add Marie Lu to the authors under 30 list to :D


message 8: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Belkis wrote: "We can add Marie Lu to the authors under 30 list to :D"

I added her :D


message 9: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Belkis wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "I'm going to finally read Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3) by Tahereh Mafi and finish off the series."

Oh Sylvia, it's so good!"


Sigh...I miss Warner


message 10: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Sylvia wrote: "Belkis wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "I'm going to finally read Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3) by Tahereh Mafi and finish off the series."

Oh Sylvia, it's so good!"

Sigh...I miss Warner"


Oh no worries this book will fix that for you LOL!


message 11: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Belkis wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Belkis wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "I'm going to finally read Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3) by Tahereh Mafi and finish off the series."

Oh Sylvia, it's so good!"

Sigh...I miss Warner"

Oh no worries ..."


Ooh!! I love the sound of that


message 12: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1037 comments Maybe I'll go with Prodigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu . Not a lot of authors exposing their ages.


message 13: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Tracy wrote: "I'm going to read Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu"

I really liked this trilogy Tracy.


message 14: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Sara wrote: "Maybe I'll go with Prodigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu. Not a lot of authors exposing their ages."

Oh more Legend trilogy books :) really like this trilogy Sara.


message 15: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
Belkis wrote: "Tracy wrote: "I'm going to read Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu"

I really liked this trilogy Tracy."


Yeah, I've had it a while so now is a good time. Plus I just got it on audio.


message 16: by Renae (new)

Renae (renaev) | 57 comments Im going to read Four: A Divergent Story Collection as its been sitting on my bookshelf waiting for me


message 17: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 4 comments I am going to read Amber Smoke (The Escaped #1) by Kristin Cast .


message 18: by Riikka (last edited Feb 02, 2015 03:34AM) (new)


message 19: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Riikka wrote: "https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

Starting with The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Author born -82).

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin"


Oh I so need to read this trilogy too Riika :) maybe I can get to it...


message 20: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments I've started The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1) by Marie Lu and it's interesting so far. Also for anyone interested in reading Red Rising (Red Rising Trilogy, #1) by Pierce Brown Golden Son (Red Rising Trilogy, #2) by Pierce Brown it's a very good story and the author is also under 30. I read the first book for our BOTM last month and it was really great so I'm going to try and read the second one this week LOL! Want to read so many so we'll see what I can get through.


message 21: by Savannah (last edited Feb 02, 2015 09:19AM) (new)

Savannah | 312 comments Okay, I'm going to read Marked (House of Night #1) by P.C. Cast . I've never read it. I know, weird, right? :-)

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...


message 22: by Suzanne (last edited Feb 02, 2015 01:05PM) (new)

Suzanne I'm going with All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab Never heard of Anna Jarzab, just plucked her from Sylvia's list.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...


message 23: by Savannah (new)

Savannah | 312 comments Brittany wrote: "I am going to read Amber Smoke (The Escaped #1) by Kristin Cast."

How did you get this!? I'm jealous! :-)


message 24: by Savannah (new)

Savannah | 312 comments Sara wrote: "Maybe I'll go with Prodigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu. Not a lot of authors exposing their ages."

There really isn't! I tried looking a few up on Wikipedia and Google, but not a lot of them had their birthdays posted anywhere.


message 25: by Laken (last edited Feb 02, 2015 05:58PM) (new)

Laken | 26 comments Riikka wrote: "https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

Starting with The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Author born -82).

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin"



I loooove this series! Like "I wish I hadn't already read it just so I could read it again for the first time" kind of love.

I'm going to read Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu and Four A Divergent Story Collection (Divergent, #0.1 - 0.4) by Veronica Roth this week.

My shelf is here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...


message 26: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
Belkis wrote: "I've started The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1) by Marie Lu and it's interesting so far. Also for anyone interested in reading Red Rising (Red Rising Trilogy, #1) by Pierce BrownGolden Son (Red Rising Trilogy, #2) by Pierce Brown it's a very good..."

I'm still reading Red Rising haha. It's not that it's a bad book, it's really getting interesting but everyone keeps throwing all these other books at me that I can't resist.


message 27: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
Suzanne wrote: "I'm going with All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab Never heard of Anna Jarzab, just plucked her from Sylvia's list.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...-..."


haha Sylvia is good for that Suzanne.


message 28: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Savannah wrote: "Sara wrote: "Maybe I'll go with Prodigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu. Not a lot of authors exposing their ages."

There really isn't! I tried looking a few up on Wikipedia and Google, but not a lot of the..."


Did you notice the list I have above with authors under 30? There's quite a few books you can get from them since most of them have series' also


message 29: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Tracy wrote: "Suzanne wrote: "I'm going with All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab Never heard of Anna Jarzab, just plucked her from Sylvia's list.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list......"


I like to help out whenever I can :D


message 30: by Sara (new)

Sara | 1037 comments Sylvia wrote: "Savannah wrote: "Sara wrote: "Maybe I'll go with Prodigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu. Not a lot of authors exposing their ages."

There really isn't! I tried looking a few up on Wikipedia and Google, but..."


I like to stray from lists LOL


message 31: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Sara wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Savannah wrote: "Sara wrote: "Maybe I'll go with Prodigy (Legend, #2) by Marie Lu. Not a lot of authors exposing their ages."

There really isn't! I tried looking a few up on Wikipedia..."


Hehe


message 32: by L.M. (new)

L.M. Miller (goodreadscomlmmiller) | 1 comments Hey, I'm L.M. Miller, and I'm under 30 and an author. Here's a link to my book: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Also, Amelia Atwater-Rhodes is a YA author who just turned 30, so most of her books were published under the age of 30. Another name for the list.


message 33: by Savannah (new)

Savannah | 312 comments L.M. wrote: "Hey, I'm L.M. Miller, and I'm under 30 and an author. Here's a link to my book: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Also, Amelia Atwater-Rhodes is a YA a..."


Really? Cool! I turn 31 in a couple of months and I remember reading Hawsong years ago.


message 34: by Riikka (new)

Riikka | 12 comments I just finished The Young Elites. AMAZING! Never quessed that it would be that great.


message 35: by Renae (new)

Renae (renaev) | 57 comments So I dont know if its my phone or something else...but when I click on the link that LM put up, I get taken to Harry Potter #5


message 36: by Savannah (new)

Savannah | 312 comments Renae wrote: "So I dont know if its my phone or something else...but when I click on the link that LM put up, I get taken to Harry Potter #5"

It might be your phone. When I click I on my tablet, it takes me to her book, Blood and Beasts.


message 37: by Justine (new)

Justine (justinen) https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...


There's my link, still not sure what I want to read haha.


message 38: by Charlie (new)

Charlie (charlieridley) | 29 comments I think I'm going to read Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi for this weeks challenge. https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...


message 39: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Riikka wrote: "I just finished The Young Elites. AMAZING! Never quessed that it would be that great."

It's very good Riika. I'm almost done with it too and I'm enjoying it.


message 40: by Justine (last edited Feb 06, 2015 02:36AM) (new)

Justine (justinen) So I followed suit of some other s and picked up a book by Teherah Mafi and read Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi


message 41: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Justine wrote: "So I followed suit of some other s and picked up a book by Teherah Mafi and read Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi"

Woot…so, what did you think?


message 42: by Justine (new)

Justine (justinen) Sylvia wrote: "Justine wrote: "So I followed suit of some other s and picked up a book by Teherah Mafi and read Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi"

Woot…so, what did you think?"


It was good lol. That shocker.... and now i need Ignite Me. Gonna order it when I get home lol


message 43: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Justine wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Justine wrote: "So I followed suit of some other s and picked up a book by Teherah Mafi and read Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi"

Woot…so, what did you think?"

It was good lol. Th..."


It was really a shocker!! I'm nearly halfway through Ignite Me and it's really good so far


message 44: by Justine (new)

Justine (justinen) Sylvia wrote: "Justine wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Justine wrote: "So I followed suit of some other s and picked up a book by Teherah Mafi and read Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi"

Woot…so, what did you think?"

It ..."

Well good!! I'm glad to know it stays constitantly good lol.


message 45: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments I finished The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1) by Marie Lu and liked it a lot.


message 46: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 7239 comments Mod
Finished Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu and it was OK. The end was really good for me.


message 47: by Belkis (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments Tracy wrote: "Finished Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu and it was OK. The end was really good for me."

Oh good Tracy. They get better as they go on.


message 48: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia  | 13086 comments Mod
Justine wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Justine wrote: "Sylvia wrote: "Justine wrote: "So I followed suit of some other s and picked up a book by Teherah Mafi and read Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi"

Woot…so, what did ..."


Mafi really knows how to weave a story, though I will give you fair warning of book 3 about a particular character. I won't say who but see if you find out for yourself. It's really obvious.


message 49: by Belkis (last edited Feb 07, 2015 08:23AM) (new)

Belkis (bminaya) | 8313 comments OMG I hadn't noticed that Samantha Shannon is only 24 years old and she's already written 2 books! WooHoo!! since I've been dying to read The Mime Order (The Bone Season, #2) by Samantha Shannon so yay! Listening to this one now.


message 50: by Renae (new)

Renae (renaev) | 57 comments I changed my book and started Pawn by Aimee Carter. Really good so far


« previous 1
back to top