Book Loving Kiwis discussion

General > Colleen McCullough obituary

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by P.D.R. (new)

P.D.R. Lindsay (pdrlindsay) | 1646 comments I loved her Missalonghi.The Ladies of Missalonghi

message 3: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Dixon (kiwikathleen) | 1478 comments ***Carol*** wrote: "http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/...

I loved the writer's obits! :)"

Yes!

message 4: by P.D.R. (new)

P.D.R. Lindsay (pdrlindsay) | 1646 comments Just read the Australian! Oh I could spit. What was the point of being a feminist and fighting when our Oz neighbours do this sort of thing!!!!! GRRRR!

I did really enjoy the Male put downs. Shame we can't email them to the Australian.

message 5: by Darkpool (new)

Darkpool | 1020 comments Thank you for that Carol! Loved it.

message 6: by Lesley (last edited Feb 03, 2015 01:07AM) (new)

Lesley | 1575 comments Aussie forte. As the Aussie interviewer said to the tennis player, give us a twirl luv. Every nation has to have its foibles and inadequacies. We shoot down those that achieve!

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 986 comments An American friend of mine wrote this on a FB discussion just before I put up that link

"That's unbelievable. Can you imagine Steinbeck's obit reading, "He was bandy-legged little guy who made up for his lack of height with a nicely trimmed beard." WTF?"

message 8: by Lesley (new)

Lesley | 1575 comments ***Carol*** wrote: "An American friend of mine wrote this on a FB discussion just before I put up that link

"That's unbelievable. Can you imagine Steinbeck's obit reading, "He was bandy-legged little guy who made up ..."

ROFL

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 986 comments Ella's Gran wrote: "Aussie forte. As the Aussie interviewer said to the tennis player, give us a twirl luv. Every nation has to have its foibles and inadequacies. We shoot down those that achieve!"

A NZ commentator said to Erakovic at the ASB classic that he was glad she wasn't wearing those ugly shorts anymore. She laughed & said she liked those shorts. No reaction at all in the press here.

I like following the fashions at the Aussie Open - men as well as women. I'm really looking forward to the commentators asking Fed or Novak to give us a twirl!

message 10: by P.D.R. (new)

P.D.R. Lindsay (pdrlindsay) | 1646 comments You'll be waiting forever.