Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Moriarty (Horowitz's Holmes, #2)
This topic is about Moriarty
Archive - Group Reads > Moriarty - February 2015

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chava (new)

Chava | 2788 comments This is the discussion thread for Moriarty by Anthony Horowitz. Your moderator is MaryEllen. Thanks

James (birchoverjames) Started this book yesterday. It is related by Frederick Chase a Pinkerton Investigator. Whilst in Switzerland he meets Inspector Athelney Jones who is there representing Scotland yard. The question in my mind is who is Inspector Jones?

message 3: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) I've put in a request for this at the library. Hope to join in.

James (birchoverjames) Picked up my copy cheap on the kindle. Had it on my TBR shelf for some time.

Mary Ellen Anaka (meaz7) | 63 comments Just started this book. Had to finish another for another bookclub that I am in. I have always loved the character of Sherlock Holmes. Moriarty should be a good read for everyone. I am looking forward to reading it and hope you all enjoy. Looking forward to hearing your comments.

James (birchoverjames) Last night I found it hard to put down the book. Nearly missed my stop on the train.
Events have taken a surprise turn. Just waiting for the reveal.

James (birchoverjames) Finished this last night a good story, well written. You can see the influences of Conan Doyle in the style. Plenty of clues available throughout the book and a great surprise at the finish. The bonus with the kindle edition a short story relating the first time Athelney Jones met Sherlock Holmes. A definite 5* read.

Catherine | 155 comments finished it :) I loved it! keeps you reeling til the end! I can't wait til the next one comes out! (and I had no idea it was a series!) lol

message 9: by Feliks (last edited Feb 24, 2015 10:38AM) (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) John Gardner (of James Bond franchise fame) has also written a series based on 'Moriarty'. I don't know much about it, but here it is:
Moriarty
The Return of Moriarty
The Revenge of Moriarty

(When I saw this thread's title, initially I figured these were the books under discussion).

Helen (helenliang) I know I am a latecomer to this thread, but I was busy reading Mystic River for the February group read. I just started into Moriarty and am really enjoying it. Very atmospheric. I have not yet read House of Silk so I hope it doesn't matter which order you read the books in.

Anthony Horowitz created the British television series, Foyle's War, which has to be one of my all-time favorite series.

Some of the books that Feliks has listed also look interesting. Sigh...so many books and so little time!

Mary Ellen Anaka (meaz7) | 63 comments I don't think it matters whether you had read House of Silk or not. Most people know about the tumble over the falls. I think Moriarty is a stand alone book. Holmes and Watson are mentioned throughout but tbe story is more about Moriarty and the American take over of gangs in Britian. Whay a great read!

Catherine | 155 comments I don't think it matters...because it's all about Moriarty...Sherlock is not involved at all :) I loved it...

I can't wait til the next one comes out! all this waiting!

Helen (helenliang) I just finished Moriarty. I have to say that I was disappointed with the ending. Definitely an unexpected twist.