What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Non-fiction book that takes place on an island off of Canada

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 2 comments This book is about a guy who buys an island off of the coast of Canada, eventually moves his whole family there, and grows old there. I know this is kind of brief and vague but any leads will be helpful! Thanks!

message 2: by MomToKippy (last edited Jan 30, 2015 09:14AM) (new)

MomToKippy | 62 comments Which coast? What era does it take place in? Is it fiction? Is this adult or children's?

message 4: by Diana (new)

Diana Welsch | 529 comments Sorry, I didn't catch that it was nonfiction. Probably not my suggestion.

message 5: by Kris (last edited Jan 30, 2015 10:26AM) (new)

Kris | 32062 comments Mod
Any chance the protagonist is a female? For example: Trafficking in Sheep: A Memoir: From Off-Broadway, New York, to Blue Island, Nova Scotia by Anne Barclay Priest is about a divorced mother with two young boys who buys an island off of the coast of Nova Scotia.

Cheryl, around what year did you read or hear about this book?
What was his/her occupation before and after the move?

message 6: by MomToKippy (new)

MomToKippy | 62 comments oops I missed that too - non-fiction

message 7: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 2 comments I think it was around mid 1900s when it was written. I wish I could remember the main characters name!

message 8: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1040 comments I believe Farley Mowat wrote a book of this nature. You might want to check out his books and see if you recognize anything.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37538 comments Mod
Cheryl, were the suggestions @8-9 helpful?

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37538 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Cheryl, were the suggestions @8-9 helpful?"

No response in 3 years. Moving to Abandoned.