The Eyes of the Dragon The Eyes of the Dragon question

Has anyone read Eyes of the Dragon and did you like it?
Merry Merry Jan 29, 2015 05:59PM
It is not your typical Stephen King book but I thoroughly enjoyed this book years ago and plan on reading it again soon !

I loved this book! I've read it several times, and I'm sure I'll read it again at some point. If you're a lover of Stephen King for his scarier, gorier work a la Pet Sematary or It, you may be disappointed. But if you're more of an alternate world Dark Tower kind of person it's both charming and suspenseful.

I love this book. It is the book that inspired me to start writing actually! It was my favourite book as a kid and I must have read it 50 times through my early teen years.

This is one of my favorite Stephen King novels, even though it is completely different from what you would expect from him. This book falls in the fantasy genre, which I also love. I read this book years ago when it was first released and recently read it again. Enough time had passed by that it was like reading it for the first time. I am a huge fan of his horror novels and disagree with all the nay- sayers who dismiss him as a legitimate author. This book showcases Stephen's versatility as a writer and reinforces what a truly great storyteller he is.

I loved it and have read it a few times, its great

Read it multiple times. One of the best books King wrote.

I read it and remember liking but not loving it. good but not a great king book.

I have read this book more than once, and I believe it to be one of King's best. Not the usual that one expects from him, but very well written and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Appropriate for children and adults. Extremely easy to read. Highly recommended.

This is one of King's best works in my opinion. It does read a bit like an elongated Fairytale and I have always loved them. (Not, Grimm not Disney on the fairytale.) I would disagree that this is not like the Talisman or Tower worlds because it is in many ways the beginning of both. For me it is also true horror because it is dark in a way many of his novels are not. Instead of being in your face it is slow, insidious, and intellectual with the elements of the world you want to crawl away from. So, some people might think it is out of his normal realm but if you have read and enjoyed the Dark Tower books it is a must read.

It's the only King book I've read (I do have the Dark Tower series on my TBR) and even though it wasn't like what I was generally reading at the time, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

My favorite of all King novels. Not a big horror fan, but this novel shows that King is a great writer in every genre he takes on.

I found it a delightful book, and excellent for children.

Haven't read any other SK book other than Eye of the Dragon and it's definitely worth reading. It's a medieval fairy tale that doesn't seem to fit his typical writing style.

I read it last year for the first time as I'm reading all the Dark Tower tie-ins before I re-read that series (again). It definitely was different, and you can see the young man emerging into what we better know today, but "Constant Readers" may be turned off by the lack of scares and deeper characterization. I think my only negative comment could be that when I finished I felt like it was only an intro into a bigger world that has yet to be created. I think the Dark Tower was his epic, and I'm sure he would never consider starting anew (however much those worlds do cross), but I guess that's also a compliment: I wanted more after I had enjoyed the novel.

This is one of my favorite SK books, also. I would highly recommend it to anyone, SK fan or not.

Probably one of my favorite King books and probably the easiest one to just pick up and read.

Well if you are a Constant Reader it goes without saying... you have to give it a go. See, Stephen can adapt himself to may types for writing as we have all seen in recent years... and he still does a wonderful job at carrying you away into this strange new place. So... although I read this many years ago and remember being pulled into the story and I think you should go for it. Just prepare yourself in advance that the world we go into is not like The Talisman, Dark Tower, Needful Things or Shining worlds. (My favorite worlds to visit) But anything Stephen has done carries you away and is well worth the effort.