What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Historical indian romance. She marries an Indian "half-breed" then is "rescued" by her family.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chanyell (new)

Chanyell Anderson | 1 comments I have been searching for the name of a particular (historical indian romance) book I read a few years back.

A woman is taken (for reasons I can't remember) by indians. She gets used to the indian life and marries an indian half breed. They have 2 or three kids. She is then "rescued" by her family and her and her children go back to her original home. Her family struggles to accept her children and she is courted by another man she had previously considered marrying. Her husband then goes undercover as a respectable gentleman (using his white persona she hadn't known about) and gets her and their children back.

I know that 'synopsis' covers a lot of indian romances but this plot really stood out to me and it was really well written. But for some reason I can't for the life of me remember the title or the author!I know that it was one of those books that was published in the 80s- early 90s.

Help!

message 2: by Sherry (new)

Sherry | 80 comments Is it Silken Savage by Catherine Hart?

message 3: by Teri-K (new)

Teri-K | 303 comments I was going to suggest Silken Savage, also. I haven't read it but I have a friend who loves it and it sounds like this description. :)

message 4: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Woolley | 12 comments Yep it's silken savage there is a second book in the series about their daughter called summer storm love those books

message 5: by Suzette (new)

Suzette Kath | 42 comments I was thinking it was Wild Jasmine. Takes place during Queen Elizabeth I's time.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39280 comments Mod
Chanyell, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39280 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Chanyell, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.