The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Craig Johnson
This topic is about Craig Johnson
Genre Discussions > Longmire Series

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by B.J. (new)

B.J. Bourg (bjbourg) I was hooked on A&E's Longmire television series from the first time I caught a glimpse of a preview during the middle of last season. My wife and I held off on watching the current season until we caught up on Netflix, and then waited for the marathon leading up to the final episodes of the season. What a treat!

Anyway, has anyone read the novels that the show is based on?

bjb

message 2: by Lance (last edited Jan 30, 2015 02:25PM) (new)

Lance Charnes (lcharnes) | 414 comments B.J. wrote: "Anyway, has anyone read the novels that the show is based on?"

I read the first in the series, The Cold Dish . It was okay as far as it went, but I think the series built a much richer and more complex world for its characters to live in. (My review, in case you're interested.) YMMV.

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Michael | 674 comments I was hooked on the book series from the first book but I admit that some of that is because I am *native* of the area where the books are set and the author has lived there long enough to get everything right ... the country, the history, the people. Although I've been gone from there for 15 years, it will always be home and I will always be homesick.

I did watch the first couple of TV programs, but probably because I was so invested in the books, I could not get past the casting so while I have continued with the books, definitely dropped the TV series.

The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Cold Dish (other topics)