What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Mountain Pose
This topic is about Mountain Pose
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA . Teenage girl finds family diary in the attic, parts of diary written in code [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (last edited Jan 29, 2015 01:52PM) (new)

Andrea R | 3 comments I read this book in middleschool, around 7th or 8th grade I think (mid 2000's). It revolves around a pre-teen/ teenage girl who has to go to an old family home, I want to say it's in the mountains but I'm unsure. While there she finds some diaries in the attic. They are either her mom or grandma's or someone of that nature I cant quite remember. As shes reading she finds out part of the diaries are in code. She ends up figuring out the code and learning some family secrets in the process. They show the codes' key in the book and I became a bit obsessed with it at the time. It involves the alphabet arranged in a tic-tac-toe, or hashtag/ pound sign,and 'X' formation, with a dot used to denote the second character. I was reminded of it the other day but cant for the life of me remember the title of the book. Any help is much appreciated!

message 2: by Andrea (new)

Andrea R | 3 comments I did discover that the code in the book is called "Pigpen" code.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34474 comments Mod
Mountain Pose by Nancy Hope Wilson?

Andrea, do you remember anything about the book's cover?

message 4: by Andrea (new)

Andrea R | 3 comments That's its!! Thank you so much!

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34474 comments Mod
That's great! Glad you found your book. :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Mountain Pose (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nancy Hope Wilson (other topics)