Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma Scott | 5 comments My first novel has an interracial couple, my second--the one I'm about to publish--does not. And that's okay, but i realized that's probably going to be one of the few times my H and h will be white Americans. Future H/h's might be white but they're going to at least come from somewhere other than the US. It just seems so...meh, and I say this AS a white American.
And my psyche keeps getting drawn to Latino/Hispanic/South American H's as I want the next two books to have a Uruguayan and a Spaniard, respectively. Maybe I just like Spanish, lol.

message 2: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6601 comments Mod
Emma, there's nothing wrong writing about people from other countries or even other races. Go for it.

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma Scott | 5 comments Arch wrote: "Emma, there's nothing wrong writing about people from other countries or even other races. Go for it."

Oh I know it! :) I'm just trying to avoid too much Spanish for fear of repetition. :)

The FountainPenDiva, Old school geek chick and lover of teddy bears (thefountainpendiva) | 1215 comments Just remember that Latinos/Hispanics come in all shades from both Indian and African as well as Spanish heritages. Take Brazil for instance, lol.

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma Scott | 5 comments TheFountainPenDiva wrote: "Just remember that Latinos/Hispanics come in all shades from both Indian and African as well as Spanish heritages. Take Brazil for instance, lol."

I could write for years! ;)

message 7: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
Any threads about your own writing journey/craft go under author/writer's corner. The Author Discussion thread is to discuss other published authors (not oneself). I moved this to the correct folder.

message 8: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 60 comments Follow your heart. :p