What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Middle Eastern Royal Family Dispute - Fantasy [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Li (new)

Li  | 33 comments Read in 2010. I believe this is the first book of a series/trilogy. Anyway, here goes.

Protagonist (for convenience sake, I'll use T to refer to him) is one of the many sons of an arabic/middle eastern royal family. The king died due under mysterious circumstances. Lots of blood feud in the family cuz all the sons want the throne. T has 2 brothers who are locked up (1 is insane, the other is the antagonist that is revealed at the end of the story). T was not interested in the throne (?). Fast forward through the story, a new character is introduced, who looks somewhat like a foreigner (?). Like T, he's not interested in the throne and for some reason the other brothers dislike him. Not sure when it was revealed that he is also a half-brother with T. Then there was some black magic or curse killing people in mysterious ways, including T's worst rival-brother. T was running around trying to find out the truth.

Then somehow it was revealed that it was one of the insane brothers who summoned something. When he sent the genie (?) to attack T and T's foreigner bro, the genie attacked the summoner instead. Turns out that he was not the biological child of his mother (while T and the other bro are).

End of story: T went away with a woman he fell in love with and his foreigner bro became the next king.
I might have read some of book 2 which is about T going to woman's home country and was treated hostilely.

Thanks!

message 2: by Li (new)

Li  | 33 comments Bump. Any luck?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38155 comments Mod
YA or adult? Sexual content?

message 4: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1198 comments They're not it, I don't think, but you could take a look at the similar books/readers also enjoyed pages for these titles and see if anything jumps out at you.
Throne of the Crescent Moon
The Desert of Souls
There are also some listopia lists that might be worth checking (if you haven't done this already), since your book sounds like it would fit.
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/7...
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2...

message 5: by Li (new)

Li  | 33 comments Found the book! It's The Princes of the Golden Cage by Nathalie Mallet. (I've no idea how to insert the link using my phone) Thanks for recommending more books. :)

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34375 comments Mod
Unfortunately we can't add a book link to a comment using the mobile website. The "Edit" link beside the topic header only appears on the desktop website. Here you go - The Princes of the Golden Cage by Nathalie Mallet

message 7: by Li (new)

Li  | 33 comments Thanks :)