What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Set in Stone
This topic is about Set in Stone
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical fiction (romance?) artist hired to teach sister in a manor [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

This was one of the first books i read when i got my adult libaray card which should mean the authors name comes early on alphabatically. What i can remember the cover had a picture of a big yellow manor on it and the plot involved some sort of artist being hired to either do work on the manor or teach the owners two(three?) daughters.

SPOILERS BELOW

It's eventually revealed that one of the daughters has severe problems and issues because she was raped and or saw her sister raped (by their father possibly)and expresses them through art.

message 2: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Francis Is it an older book? There is a mystery novel by Wilkie Collins called the Woman in White, it has an artist go to a manor to teach some girls.. He falls in love with one.
I can't remember exactly what happens but there is also something to do with a lady who has escaped from an asylum or something??

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

No it's not that one though that one seems interesting. It seemed newer than the 80's maybe late 90's early 2000's. I wish i could remember more. I think it may have been set in america

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...
I have actually found the book myself while browsing at my old library.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34460 comments Mod
Note: Shelved as Set in Stone by Linda Newbery.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Set in Stone (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Linda Newbery (other topics)