YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Unborn (Unborn, #1)
This topic is about Unborn
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Unborn (Unborn #1) by Amber Lynn Natusch - Restarting March 9th 2018

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84085 comments Mod
Born into mystery. Shackled to darkness…

Khara has spent centuries discovering everything about the Underworld―except her place in it. But when she’s ripped from her home, solving the riddle of her origins becomes more important than ever. With evil stalking her through the dark alleys of Detroit, she finds salvation from an unlikely source: a group of immortal warriors sworn to protect the city. Khara needs their help to unravel the tangled secrets of who and what she is—secrets many seem willing to kill for. But time is running out, and the closer she gets to the truth, the closer necessity binds her to an arrogant fallen angel.

Can their shaky alliance withstand that which threatens her, or will her soul fall victim to the unholy forces that hunt her―those that seek the Unborn?

From the author of the bestselling Caged series comes a pulse-pounding new series of supernatural romance.

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
Starting now. :)

Chapter 2 - Can see this getting boring fast.

Reading a bit now ☺

On chapter 6, and I'm bored.

chapter 3 (view spoiler)

message 7: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Jan 30, 2015 07:02AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Well, I'm reading it, but it's not really going in. I really can't work out what's going on.

27% (view spoiler)

chapter 6 (view spoiler)

chapter 7 (view spoiler)

message 11: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Jan 30, 2015 07:53AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

chapter 10 (view spoiler)

chapter 12 (view spoiler)

67% (view spoiler)

Sorry, have had no time to read today at all! Going to try and finish this now.

chapter 23 (view spoiler)

It's hard for me to concentrate on. I've literally had to remove all distractions to be able to read it!

It doesn't finish until 99%

Sarah wrote: "It doesn't finish until 99%"

Ugh! Was hoping it would finish earlier.

message 19: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Jan 30, 2015 12:25PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

I know what you mean! I was kinda hoping there was an excerpt of something else at the end!

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Reading from the 9th of March 2018

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Jennifer | 3551 comments Starting this one today!

Jennifer | 3551 comments The emotionless robotic voice of Khara was annoying me, so I switched over to reading the text. Much better!!

Ch 6 - (view spoiler)

Jennifer | 3551 comments Ch 15 - (view spoiler)

Ch 20 - (view spoiler)

Finished - So many mixed thoughts on this one. The plot in itself is not horrible, but the execution could be better. I also had to stop listening to the audio altogether - it just made it worse. (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5775 comments Jennifer wrote: "The emotionless robotic voice of Khara was annoying me, so I switched over to reading the text. Much better!!

Ch 6 - [spoilers removed]"

Yep that was clear from the start, he was the only one not related to her lol.

Khara has no emotions, she doesn't even get the jokes, "I'm got the looks" hello they are twins...

Cinthia | 5775 comments Jennifer wrote: "Ch 15 - Ugh, this book could be so much better! Khara's character is starting to bug me. I get that she is supposed to be cold and somewhat emotionless, but she even reads like a monotone robot so..."

Yes it could've been so much better, I still like it... I don't know if I would delve into the next one though...

Cinthia | 5775 comments 23.64% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5775 comments 47.67% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5775 comments 84.11% (view spoiler)

Cinthia | 5775 comments 100.0% (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Prologue: (view spoiler)
Chapter 7: (view spoiler)
Chapter 14: (view spoiler)
Chapter 21: (view spoiler)
Epilogue: (view spoiler)