Book Trailers - Check Them Out! discussion

Authors' Lounge > International Book Promotion(IBP)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justin (last edited Mar 01, 2016 12:02PM) (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 168 comments Hey Everyone,
I’m not sure where some of you have your book trailers done whether you do them yourselves or have them done for you but I have a place to recommend. International Book Promotion is a site that dedicates itself to creating short high quality trailers for authors looking to use video to enhance their promotion experience. Not only do they create trailers for you but they help you promote it and can even get people to review your book and trailer if you so desire.

They also offer:
-Book Video Reviews
-Covers and Illustrations
-Proofreading and Editing
-Social Media Marketing
-Author Merchandises
-SEO and Amazon Optimization

If your looking to make a trailer or looking into any other services but don’t want to do it yourself then check out IBP!

http://internationalbookpromotion.com...

message 2: by Quentin (new)

Quentin Wallace (quentinwallace) | 2516 comments If you have time Justin I'd say go for it. Your trailers are good and a lot of people either don't know how to make them or don't want to bother with it. It wouldn't hurt right?

message 3: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) | 112 comments I thought about doing the same thing many times. I have the skills, so why not, right? What's held me back is that I don't feel I can fairly charge for the amount of work it would take. Doing these things for friends or family isn't a big deal, but for strangers, it can get complicated really fast.

Because I'm a graphic designer, I get requests ALL the time. It's like when someone is a doctor, everyone asks them for free medical advice. Rather annoying. I have a joke I often use. Sure, I'll create that project for you! I charge 150$ an hour :P

Anyway, sorry to be negative, just giving a warning. My advice, always set up contracts. Make sure the communication is crystal clear before you get started. Let's say, you decide to charge 10$ for a 30 second trailer. You'd be surprised how many will take advantage and get you to do all kinds of extra work, such as a million corrections before there's a final version, all for a sad 10$. So, be aware.

message 4: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 168 comments Thanks Quentin and Lily.
Lily your right. It can get confusing and complicated so I'm going to think it over and see if I can come up with a basic plan with standard rules and procedures before attempting it.

message 5: by Lily (new)

Lily Vagabond (lilyauthor) | 112 comments Excellent idea :)

message 6: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 168 comments Changed and updated thread.

Hey Everyone,
I’m not sure where some of you have your book trailers done whether you do them yourselves or have them done for you but I have a place to recommend. International Book Promotion is a site that dedicates itself to creating short high quality trailers for authors looking to use video to enhance their promotion experience. Not only do they create trailers for you but they help you promote it and can even get people to review your book and trailer if you so desire.

They also offer:
-Book Video Reviews
-Covers and Illustrations
-Proofreading and Editing
-Social Media Marketing
-Author Merchandises
-SEO and Amazon Optimization

If your looking to make a trailer or looking into any other services but don’t want to do it yourself then check out IBP!