Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

The Mime Order (The Bone Season, #2)
This topic is about The Mime Order
Previous BRs - Authors; Q - T > Shannon, Samantha - The Mime Order (The Bone Season #2) - Informal Buddy Read; Start: February 07, 2015

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30836 comments Mod
This topic is open for discussion of The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon

Book Synopsis
Paige Mahoney has escaped the brutal prison camp of Sheol I, but her problems have only just begun: many of the survivors are missing and she is the most wanted person in London...

As Scion turns its all-seeing eye on the dreamwalker, the mime-lords and mime-queens of the city's gangs are invited to a rare meeting of the Unnatural Assembly. Jaxon Hall and his Seven Seals prepare to take centre stage, but there are bitter fault lines running through the clairvoyant community and dark secrets around every corner. Then the Rephaim begin crawling out from the shadows. But where is Warden? Paige must keep moving, from Seven Dials to Grub Street to the secret catacombs of Camden, until the fate of the underworld can be decided.

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved

Renee (reneeconoulty) | 3309 comments I'm in for this one. I enjoyed the first book and have the second from NetGalley just waiting for me.

message 5: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karen ⊰✿ | 14257 comments Mod
I'm interested, but I need to wait to get the book (I was declined by netgalley *sniff*)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments I want to read this one too!

Rebecca (rebeccasg) | 3321 comments I'm so excited for this! Would anyone be able to start reading next week? I think I'm gonna start on 1/4, but I can always stick around for this discussion.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments Sure - I can start this book any time!

Rebecca (rebeccasg) | 3321 comments Yay! I can't wait, I'm rushing through my current book so I can get to this one. I feel like I've been waiting forever for it to be published.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments Me too - loved the first one!!

Rebecca (rebeccasg) | 3321 comments I'm just finished up my other book. I can start anytime between tomorrow morning and Saturday. What do you think?

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments I was planning to start it today if that works? I don't mind taking a slow start. It's been awhile since I read the first book and I'm afraid I've forgotten a lot.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments Renee & Karen - when do you think you'll be starting?

Rebecca (rebeccasg) | 3321 comments That sounds great. I am really close to the end of my book, so I can probably start tonight or early tomorrow morning.

I was thinking the same thing about forgetting the first book. The Bone Season was so complex and confusing that I think I may find a quick summary somewhere online to remind myself.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments I found a great one on recaptains.com - I'd post the link but I'm on the app. It's very thorough and still haven't read through it all. At first I felt like "What??! I don't remember any of this!!" But then after awhile it started to come back to me. Let me know if you need the link and I'll try getting on a computer later after parent meetings. :)

message 16: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new) - rated it 4 stars

It may be a few days until I start. I'd love the link too, as it has been a while since book 1!

Rebecca (rebeccasg) | 3321 comments I think I found it on google:

http://recaptains.blogspot.com/2013/1...

I'm excited to read through it!

message 18: by K~Terror (last edited Feb 06, 2015 11:23AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments Have you had a chance to start it Rebecca?

I'm about half way through Chapter 2. I felt a bit lost for about the first half of chapter 1 but then found the blog (thanks for posting the link!) and read through it ~ which helped tremendously. I'd forgotten how much happened in book 1. I remembered mostly the beginning and end if the book so the blog really helped fill in some of the holes in the middle.

(view spoiler)

Rebecca (rebeccasg) | 3321 comments I just read Chapter 1 and part of chapter 2 during lunch. I'm so glad you mentioned the blog, because reading it helped so much!

just kat (clutteredbooks) | 2193 comments Just finished til Chapter 2. This book picks up right where Book 1 left us. So far nothing of big importance has happened yet. (view spoiler)

message 21: by K~Terror (last edited Feb 06, 2015 11:22AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments I'm on Chapter 10. Around Chapter 6 things started to pick up. (view spoiler)

Rebecca (rebeccasg) | 3321 comments Partly through chapter 5 (view spoiler)

This weekend will be crazy busy, but next week should be slow so I'll have more reading time.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments RebeccaS wrote: "Partly through chapter 5 [spoilers removed]

This weekend will be crazy busy, but next week should be slow so I'll have more reading time."

You are getting to the point in the book where it started to pick up for me. I said Chapter 8 but I later realized that the chapters are slightly different on audio.. My Chapter 8 is Chapter 6 in the book.

I should go edit my comments to make sure I don't accidentally spoil anything for anyone!

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments Chapter 15
(view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments Chapter 22
I'm soooo addicted to this book now I can't put it down. I even tried to start another book to help pace myself but no... Read a little and then came back to this one! I remember the last book being a slow build too...
(view spoiler)

Renee (reneeconoulty) | 3309 comments RebeccaS wrote: "I think I found it on google:

http://recaptains.blogspot.com/2013/1...

I'm excited to read through it!"

That is so awesome! I need to finish a couple of other books, recap, then I'll get to this one.

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments Renee wrote: "That is so awesome! I need to fini..."

Guess what Renee? More psychopomps!

Rebecca (rebeccasg) | 3321 comments This book has gotten so good! So much has happened already. Friday night I wanted to catch up on some sleep, but I ended up reading longer than I thought I would.

Partly through chapter 10.

(view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments I really enjoyed the book too! It started if a bit slow but it ended up being like the first book where it just keeps building and building. It was definitely really hard to put it down the last (probably) third of the book!

Rebecca (rebeccasg) | 3321 comments Just finished chapter 15

(view spoiler)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 5600 comments RebeccaS wrote: "Just finished chapter 15

[spoilers removed]"

Rebecca - (view spoiler)

just kat (clutteredbooks) | 2193 comments I really hate Cutmouth.

(view spoiler) Where is Warden? I hope he's in this book somewhere!

Rebecca (rebeccasg) | 3321 comments Through Chapter 22

I want to skip work and finish this book!!

Ugh! Why did (view spoiler)

message 34: by Rebecca (last edited Feb 10, 2015 05:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rebecca (rebeccasg) | 3321 comments Ahh I finished. Phew I feel like I need a rest after that. The last 3rd of the book is so fast paced and so much goes on that I'm shocked!

(view spoiler)

just kat (clutteredbooks) | 2193 comments I can't wait to get halfway so I can click on the spoilers!

message 36: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new) - rated it 4 stars

I finally started and I'm just through chapter 6. I agree with your initial comments that it takes a while to get your head around what is happening as the world is so complex. Reading that blog helped, and I also checked out the glossary at the end of the book!
It seems this book will be quite different to the first with Paige being a major target and in hiding. It will be interesting to see where this goes

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Bone Season (other topics)
The Mime Order (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Samantha Shannon (other topics)