YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Poison Study (Study, #1)
This topic is about Poison Study
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Study series by Maria V. Snyder - Reading from 'Poison Study (Poison Study #1)' from July 1st 2019

Comments Showing 1-50 of 151 (151 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84094 comments Mod

YOU KNOW YOUR LIFE IS BAD WHEN YOU MISS YOUR DAYS AS A POISON TASTER...

With her greatest enemy dead, and on her way to be reunited with the family she'd been stolen from long ago, Yelena should be pleased. But though she has gained her freedom, she can't help feeling isolated in Sitia. Her Ixian background has changed her in many ways—and her newfound friends and relatives don't think it's for the better....

Despite the turmoil, she's eager to start her magic training—especially as she's been given one year to harness her power or be put to death. But her plans take a radical turn when she becomes involved with a plot to reclaim Ixia's throne for a lost prince—and gets entangled in powerful rivalries with her fellow magicians.

If that wasn't bad enough, it appears her brother would love to see her dead. Luckily, Yelena has some old friends to help her with all her new enemies...

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Is this for the sequels of the GBR? :)

Yes ☺

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Okay, I'll be joining then! :)

Yay! ☺ did you request the new one on netgalley?

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Nah, my ratio is terrible at the moment - I haven't reviewed my latest requesting spree ones - so I was going to wait until I could bump it up. :)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments chapter three - (view spoiler)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments chapter four - (view spoiler)

Tati | 10171 comments I'll join this! I've got Shadow Study, will you be reading that as well?

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments chapter five - (view spoiler)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Tati wrote: "I'll join this! I've got Shadow Study, will you be reading that as well?"

I don't have a copy of it so I won't join for that one. Just this one and Fire Study. :)

Tati wrote: "I'll join this! I've got Shadow Study, will you be reading that as well?"

Abbie and I have got shadow study, so we'll be reading it ☺

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments chapter ten - (view spoiler)

Are you guys still reading this?

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments chapter 11 - (view spoiler)

message 15: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 1004 comments I've just started Magic Study

End of chapter 3

(view spoiler)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments chapter fourteen - (view spoiler)

message 17: by Tati (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tati | 10171 comments Rachel, I just finished this, but couldn't post before! I share your frustrations!

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Oh no! I hope that doesn't mean (view spoiler)

message 19: by Tati (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tati | 10171 comments (view spoiler)

message 20: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 1004 comments Rachel wrote: "chapter five - [spoilers removed]"

And what's (view spoiler)

I got distracted yesterday and didn't get to start, will get to it eventually but I've got to finish a couple of books which are being released now first!

message 22: by Tati (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tati | 10171 comments my Fire Study copy is driving me crazy!!

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments What's wrong with it?

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Sarah wrote: "I got distracted yesterday and didn't get to start, will get to it eventually but I've got to finish a couple of books which are being released now first!"

Don't worry! We'll be here when you are ready to read it.

message 25: by Tati (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tati | 10171 comments What should be in italics is not, but the worse thing is that every two lines there is new paragraph, meaning that phrases get broken.

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Oh! That's not good. The broken paragraph thing happened to me in Storm Fall (Rebel Wing, #2) by Tracy Banghart and it really made reading difficult. Best of luck!

message 27: by Tati (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tati | 10171 comments I hate it when they happen! Sometimes, it's only a few pages, but in my copy, it's the whole thing that has this!

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Its the worst!

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Magic Study (Study, #2) by Maria V. Snyder , ending - (view spoiler)

message 30: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 1004 comments End of Chapter 15

(view spoiler)

message 31: by Tati (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tati | 10171 comments Fire Study - 45%

(view spoiler)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Kate wrote: "End of Chapter 15

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 33: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 1004 comments Magic Study

End of Chapter 22

(view spoiler)

message 34: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 1004 comments Tati wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

Now I see what you mean! (view spoiler)

message 35: by Tati (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tati | 10171 comments Shadow Study

the good news is, we get Valek's and Janko's POV. The bad new? The author keeps alluding to events from the Glass series and the novellas, and I don't have a clue about them

Ah yes, that's why I was going to read the glass series before reading shadow study as well. I think that's why they have the series listed as 'chronicles of ixia series' on goodreads.

message 37: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 1004 comments Rachel wrote: "Magic Study (Study, #2) by Maria V. Snyder, ending - [spoilers removed]"

I agree with everything you said! (view spoiler)

message 38: by Tati (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tati | 10171 comments Sarah wrote: "Ah yes, that's why I was going to read the glass series before reading shadow study as well. I think that's why they have the series listed as 'chronicles of ixia series' on goodreads."

That kind of annoys me... Why have it marketed as a brand new series, when it's not??

Abbie and I will be reading Magic study and onwards from February 23rd if anyone wants to join us ☺

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Kate wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Magic Study (Study, #2) by Maria V. Snyder, ending - [spoilers removed]"

I agree with everything you said! [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Tati wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Ah yes, that's why I was going to read the glass series before reading shadow study as well. I think that's why they have the series listed as 'chronicles of ixia series' on goodreads..."

It is a bit confusing! I thought the series were interchange too but I guess there is a certain order to it.

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Sarah wrote: "Abbie and I will be reading Magic study and onwards from February 23rd if anyone wants to join us ☺"

I'll join you when you get to Fire Study. Will you be reading the Glass series after that or Shadow Study?

The glass series ☺

Magic study, chapter 2 (view spoiler)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments I don't have the glass series yet but I want to get them. if I get them in time I'll let you know. :)

rachel ☾ (typedtruths) | 8564 comments Sarah wrote: "Magic study, chapter 2 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Abbie | 27856 comments Mod
Sarah wrote: "Magic study, chapter 2 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Magic study - 17% (view spoiler)

message 49: by Sarah Elizabeth (last edited Feb 23, 2015 05:18AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

chapter 12 (view spoiler)

chapter 13/14 (view spoiler)

chapter 15 (view spoiler)

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.