Books N' Music discussion

Book And Movies > Movies That Are Better Than The Books

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by beth, Mrs. Hood-Simpson (new)

beth (beth01) | 335 comments Mod
I can't think of any...

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire The Princess Bride, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Prestige, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (original Swedish version), Let the Right One In (original Swedish version), The Mist, and Fantastic Mr. Fox - I love all the books, but I love the movies even more and I hardly ever say that. :)

message 3: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofibooklioness21) Mockingjay Part 1!

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna | 9 comments Divergint

Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe (iamkayiee) | 45 comments Lauren wrote: "The Princess Bride, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Prestige, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (original Swedish version), Let the Right One In (original Swedish version), The Mist, and Fantastic Mr. Fo..."

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo... There's other version?

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna | 9 comments hmm i liked the Memories Keapes Daughter Movie better even though it cut many parts from the book

Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe (iamkayiee) | 45 comments I say The Mortal Instruments City of Bones. Although I didn't like the casting, but I loved the movie. And I'm not sure how they are going to pull off the twist at the end since they've changed it in the movie.

message 8: by Anna (last edited Feb 17, 2015 03:05AM) (new)

Anna | 9 comments i liked the Russian Tv siries based on a Classical childs book Sibirochka better than the book

message 9: by Raegan (new)

Raegan   Ralls  | 22 comments I felt the movie Speak was better than the book myself.

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

message 10: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire ☛ Kayiee ♑ wrote: "Lauren wrote: "The Princess Bride, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Prestige, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (original Swedish version), Let the Right One In (original Swedish version), The Mist, and F..."

Yeah, the American one with Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig.

message 11: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire Raegan wrote: "I felt the movie Speak was better than the book myself.

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson"

There was a movie? Hmm!

message 12: by Raegan (last edited Feb 18, 2015 09:32PM) (new)

Raegan   Ralls  | 22 comments Lauren wrote: "Raegan wrote: "I felt the movie Speak was better than the book myself.

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson"

There was a movie? Hmm!"

Yep. It has Kristen Stewart in it. I watched it for free on Youtube.

message 13: by anastasia (new)

anastasia  (anastasiarunelle) | 3 comments Mockingjay Part 1

message 14: by A.M. (new)

A.M. Kuska | 34 comments No one shoot me, but I actually enjoyed the Harry Potter movies better than the books. I am normally an avid reader who shuns the movies (omg! Did you see how they slaughtered Blood and Chocolate?!) but the movies were entrancing.

The books were downright creepy. The whole, "You're probably going to have an amputation without anesthesia learning to aperate, but we're going to let kids do it anyway!" thing bothered me for a looong long time. And then the whole slavery thing was a super awkward addition to the plot that really didn't need to be there.

Just my two cents, of course.

message 15: by Haley (new)

Haley | 56 comments I think the only - and I mean only - movie that was better than the book was The Hunger Games. Not the others, just the first. And I think this is purely because of the little snips that they show you that weren't in the book, for instance, the Gamemakers during the Games. And the conversation between Snow and Crane about hope.