What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Almost Heaven (Sequels, #3)
This topic is about Almost Heaven
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. historical romance. Hero verbally abuses her family and he duels the heroine's brother and kills him or incapicitates him [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Srividya Madhu (drsrivs) | 3 comments all i remember is that the hero and heroine meet up when the heroine is 18yrs or so and fall for each other,some jealous 3rd party sends a note to both hero and heroine to come to the glass house/green house at night..the protagonists get caught there,the hero thinks the heroine tried to trap him deliberately..he verbally abuses her family and he duels the heroine's brother and kills him or incapicitates him..dont remember exactly..
years later the heroine now forced by her guardian to meet some guy(well any guy),so that she can be married off,is sent to hero's mansion..i have a vague recollection there are some mountains visible from the hero's property(may b switzerland,not sure)..
the hero is extremely angry and annoyed to find her..loads of usual high strung drama,but in the end it works out..

i read this somewhere in 2005..i used to read judith mcnaught,julie garwood,jude deveraux,julie garwood,elizabeth lowell more than any other authors..cant find even a similar title written by these people..so wondering whose book is this anyway?

message 2: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments So this is regency-type historical? Or a different genre?

This is an awesome site to search through regency plots and find novels that match: http://thenonesuch.org/index.html

Here's a list of books with "second-chance romances" but there are other lists, too: http://thenonesuch.org/separation.htm... Chance at Love

This is a stretch but maybe The Unwavering Miss Winslow (detailed plot here.

message 3: by Ruzza (new) - added it

Ruzza | 302 comments I think I know this book. I actually read it because it was the answer to another thread I found here. Hope it is this:Almost Heaven by Judith McNaught

Srividya Madhu (drsrivs) | 3 comments Ruzza wrote: "I think I know this book. I actually read it because it was the answer to another thread I found here. Hope it is this:Almost Heaven by Judith McNaught"

Thank you so much

message 5: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments So was that it, Srividya? Can you move the thread to solved and add the book to the group shelves while you do it?

Srividya Madhu (drsrivs) | 3 comments SparksofEmber wrote: "So was that it, Srividya? Can you move the thread to solved and add the book to the group shelves while you do it?"

yes will do it immediately...thank you for ur list,have found couple of books to read :)

message 7: by Ruzza (new) - added it

Ruzza | 302 comments Glad I could help :)