Fangirls & Fanboys discussion

Books > Books That Made you Cry

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Audrey, Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days! (last edited Jan 29, 2015 10:07AM) (new)

Audrey (audreybooklover) | 1072 comments Mod
Theses are most of the books that made me cry. I'm sure there are more. But this is all I can think of

The Fault in our stars
If I Stay
Allegiant
In the AfterLight
The Retribution of Mara Dyer

message 2: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (forebodinq) Oooooh I have so many.
The Fault In Our Stars
Allegiant
Clockwork Princess
Champion
The Princess and the Captain
Tiger's Destiny
Eleanor and Park
Dreams of Gods and Monsters
to name a few

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Umm I've only ever cried in Fault in our stars (surprise surprise lol)...I don't really cry though. Like I get sad obs but I just don't tend to cry.

Just another Fangirl (fangirl4ever101) The Fault in Our Stars
Fairest

message 5: by Audrey, Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days! (new)

The Clockwork Princess

message 6: by Emilia (new)

Emilia (doctorherondale) | 239 comments Night

message 7: by Jacob (new)

Jacob | 9 comments The fault in our stars, and the last book of the Infernal Devices series... Don't judge

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Jacob wrote: "The fault in our stars, and the last book of the Infernal Devices series... Don't judge"

No judgement :)
my crying list still hasn't moved past fault in our stars...although I am curious as to the next book I'll cry in...lol...considering I don't tend to cry...

message 9: by Jacob (new)

Jacob | 9 comments Thank you:), and neither, I barely cry. But I still like to feel sadness when reading a book now and then

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah me too! I get all the emotions they just don't tend to come out....usually just ends with me going..."WHAT...NO NO...THAT DIDNT JUST HAPPEN" lol...then I'm like I don't like that book anymore xD

message 11: by Jacob (new)

Jacob | 9 comments Hahah, same! I hate it when a good character dies, that's the worst

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah me too...although I do understand that some good guys have to die to make the book more realistic....but it's still lame...especially if they just kill em off bc they don't no wat to do with them!

message 13: by Ricky (new)

Ricky (spider-fan) | 378 comments I second Clockwork Princess. Or third, or fourth, or...you know what, to heck with it.

Also, Allegiant. And a few books that are on Wattpad only.

message 14: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (forebodinq) No one has mentioned The Book Thief - that one made me cry too.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Must admit that was sad...but was prepared for it :) so no crying for me :p

message 16: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (forebodinq) Haha I must be too soft. Even though I knew what was going to happen... it still got me.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Nah no such thing as being too soft...I just usually get cranky at the book lol.

message 18: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (forebodinq) Well that's one way to deal with it! aha

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Haha yep it's quite effective :)

message 20: by Nicqui (new)

Nicqui | 8 comments Jacob wrote: "The fault in our stars, and the last book of the Infernal Devices series... Don't judge"

No judgement. I was a complete puddle after both those books.

message 21: by Jacob (new)

Jacob | 9 comments Haha, yeah... Even though I'm a boy, I cried when Augustus and Will happened. The feels man

message 22: by Nicqui (new)

Nicqui | 8 comments Jacob wrote: "Haha, yeah... Even though I'm a boy, I cried when Augustus and Will happened. The feels man"

No need to qualify the "Even though I'm a boy", feels are feels and those books were laden with feels. When Augustus happened was rough but then Cassandra Clare gave me the emotional one-two punch - first with Jem then with Will. Normal people shouldn't cry like that.

message 23: by Jacob (new)

Jacob | 9 comments The feels for will and jem were unreal. It physically hurt hahaha

message 24: by Jacob (new)

Jacob | 9 comments The feels for will and jem were unreal. It physically hurt hahaha

message 25: by Nicqui (new)

Nicqui | 8 comments It really did. I had to reread the Will chapter because I couldn't read it properly the first time through all the tears.

I tend to be a crier but not for real-life things. It's usually only fiction that affects me like that and even then not to that extent. It was brutal.

I couldn't stop thinking about Gus for months afterwards. It was insane.

message 26: by Jacob (new)

Jacob | 9 comments I agree, Gus's letter at the end was what destroyed me

message 27: by Nicqui (new)

Nicqui | 8 comments I know I should have expected it but it blind-sided me.

message 28: by Jacob (new)

Jacob | 9 comments You're probably not the only one, I didn't see it coming either

message 29: by Elvenquill (new)

Elvenquill | 155 comments Artemis Fowl and the Last Gaurdian!

message 30: by Thirrin (new)

Thirrin Lindenshield | 27 comments The Clockwork Princess!

message 31: by Nicqui (new)

Nicqui | 8 comments Thirrin wrote: "The Clockwork Princess!"

Clockwork Princess broke me. Right up there with Fault In Our Stars...too many feels.

message 32: by Alexis (last edited Aug 18, 2015 05:07PM) (new)

Alexis (TigeroftheTowerGuard) | 51 comments Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas

Any of the Throne of Glass series really, expecting the same from Queen of Shadows

message 33: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (forebodinq) Wonder made me cry a few times D;

message 34: by Audrey, Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days! (new)

The 5th Wave and The Infinite Sea have made me cry a little. They are so amazing!

message 35: by Audrey, Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days! (new)

City of Heavenly Fire
The Assassin's Blade