Harlequin Books discussion

Suggestions > Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Harlequin Books (harlequinbooks) | 2144 comments Mod
The topic title says it all. Have any suggestions for us?

message 2: by Sonya (new)

Sonya Heaney | 60 comments I couldn't figure out where else to put this...

I was part of the Harlequin Heartwarming group on here, but I left. Why? Because the moderators went through every few days and deleted all the discussions!

I couldn't figure out why they did that.

Please tell me you're not going to do that here. I was active in the Heartwarming group, but when I left I only had one comment left in one discussion. It felt like a waste of time posting there if all our interesting conversations were going to disappear after a few days...

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dhaupt) | 61 comments Sonya Heaney wrote: "I couldn't figure out where else to put this...

I was part of the Harlequin Heartwarming group on here, but I left. Why? Because the moderators went through every few days and deleted all the disc..."

Wow I wonder why they did that. Fingers crossed with you

Hi Sonya,

I do not know who the moderator was of that group but this group will not work like that. Please be active and enjoy this group to the fullest.

~Kim

message 5: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dhaupt) | 61 comments Harlequin Books wrote: "Hi Sonya,

I do not know who the moderator was of that group but this group will not work like that. Please be active and enjoy this group to the fullest.

~Kim"

Thanks Kim for that!!

message 6: by Sonya (last edited Feb 10, 2015 07:25AM) (new)

Sonya Heaney | 60 comments Harlequin Books wrote: "Hi Sonya,

~Kim"

Good to know! It was the only group I was a member of on Goodreads where that happened.

message 7: by Sonya (last edited Feb 10, 2015 07:27AM) (new)

Sonya Heaney | 60 comments Carrie wrote: "Ladies where are all the suggestions?"

One for this group:

Some of the most popular sections of other Goodreads groups are discussions like "Recommendations/Looking for..."
e.g. An area where people can post threads like "I'm looking for romantic suspense set in this particular place" or "Looking for historical romance set in Texas".

It might be useful, because Harlequin publishes so many books that sometimes it's hard to know where to start!

Excellent suggestion Sonya.

There are plansd on expanding things a bit soon. I believe there will be a reading challenge or two to go along with Sonya's suggestion. Challenges and recommendations are two key ways for finding something new to read. ~ Kim

message 9: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Curtis (goodreadscommelinda_curtis) | 9 comments Sonya Heaney wrote: "I couldn't figure out where else to put this...

I was part of the Harlequin Heartwarming group on here, but I left. Why? Because the moderators went through every few days and deleted all the disc..."

Hey, Sonya,
As a Heartwarming author, I'm sorry that happened. I can't even explain why it happened. I do know that to avoid confusion on a couple of discussion threads where commenting put you in the running for an opportunity drawing that those threads were closed out when the drawing was over, and then may have been deleted when they became old.

I'm sincerely sorry that this happened, Sonya. Goodreads is new to many of us and we may have "cleaned up" when we weren't supposed to. I'm more than happy to send you an autographed book (your choice from my backlist) for your troubles.

message 10: by Rula (new)

Rula Sinara (rulasinara) | 25 comments Sonya Heaney wrote: "I couldn't figure out where else to put this...

Hi Sonya! I'd like to ditto Melinda's apology and post above. I only have one book on my backlist, but if you'd like it, I'd be happy to send you an autographed copy as well.

Best always,
Rula

message 11: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Curtis (goodreadscommelinda_curtis) | 9 comments And Kim, we'd love a thread for clean/wholesome reads where Harlequin Romance and Heartwarming can post. You were looking for suggestions...

message 12: by Harlequin Books (new)

Ah, so it was contest threads of conversation. Then, I understand how they could get deleted. A group can begin to look idle or messy if it has a bunch of unused/rarely used threads of conversation. What we sometimes forget is those same threads often hold conversations that might be saved by someone for their own reasons and then all of a sudden it is gone. Be sure to yell at me if it ever happens here! ~ Kim

message 13: by Harlequin Books (new)

Melinda wrote: "And Kim, we'd love a thread for clean/wholesome reads where Harlequin Romance and Heartwarming can post. You were looking for suggestions..."

There is a category for clean/wholesome. It is called Sweet. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... Goodreads only shows the five most recently active topics in the Books and more Books folder on the group home page. To see the other topics in the folder just click on the little "showing topics 1-5" and it should bring you to a list of all topics of conversation within the folder.

message 14: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Curtis (goodreadscommelinda_curtis) | 9 comments There is a category for clean/wholesom..."

Aha! Thanks for the redirect!

message 15: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (planetshannon) | 24 comments Oh... I love reading challenges! I will keep my eye out for that for sure.

As a suggestion, how about memes? Fave title per imprint, favourite location, happy surprizes, most recently read, pageturners, fave miniseries, seasonal and/or setting faves, best gateway recommend for newbies, etc.

Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe) | 4 comments I just read The Lone Sheriff by Lynna Banning. It's a historical Western - I am usually game for any book if it has cowboys, horses, or small towns, and this has all 3. You can read my review on my blog here -

http://www.mangamaniaccafe.com/?p=11928

I enjoyed it because the heroine is feisty and unflappable, and she shoots better than the hero (at least in the beginning of the book). It was a fun read if you are looking for something with a little more action. The romance was on the sweet side, too.

message 17: by Harlequin Books (new)

Sounds like a great read. Of course, I'm a long time fan of hers. ~ Kim

Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe) | 4 comments @Kim - what is your favorite title by her? That's the first I read.

message 19: by Harlequin Books (new)

Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe) wrote: "@Kim - what is your favorite title by her? That's the first I read."

The Angel Of Devil's Camp is my favorite western of hers. Here is a link to her backlist of books. http://www.lynnabanning.net/#backlist You'll see she also writes medievals. my favorite one is Templar Knight, Forbidden Bride.

Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe) | 4 comments @Kim - Thanks! I added them to my TBR.

message 21: by Harlequin Books (new)

You're welcome Julie. Any time. :) Btw, I love Manga!

message 22: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (drpjoyce) | 2 comments I like many genres, however why is there no discussions on the Nocturnal books?

message 23: by Adite (last edited May 20, 2017 05:26AM) (new)

Adite | 20 comments Hi! BookRiot recently did a blog on 100 must read romances by international authors. It's a great list and am happy to find my book No Safe Zone featured in it as well! http://www.bookriot.com/2017/05/16/10...
Do check it out!
Adite

message 24: by Kay Dee (new)

Kay Dee (kdf_333) Adite wrote: "Hi! BookRiot recently did a blog on 100 must read romances by international authors. It's a great list and am happy to find my book No Safe Zone featured in it as well! http://www.bookriot.com/2017..."

thanks! i somehow missed this list. i love bookriot's lists.

message 25: by Adite (new)

Adite | 20 comments Kay Dee wrote: "Adite wrote: "Hi! BookRiot recently did a blog on 100 must read romances by international authors. It's a great list and am happy to find my book No Safe Zone featured in it as well! http://www.boo..."

Pleasure. :)

message 26: by Harlequin Books (new)

Adite wrote: "Hi! BookRiot recently did a blog on 100 must read romances by international authors. It's a great list and am happy to find my book No Safe Zone featured in it as well! http://www.bookriot.com/2017..."

Congratulations!

message 27: by Adite (new)

Adite | 20 comments Harlequin Books wrote: "Adite wrote: "Hi! BookRiot recently did a blog on 100 must read romances by international authors. It's a great list and am happy to find my book No Safe Zone featured in it as well! http://www.boo..."
Thanks! :)