Addicted to Ink discussion

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
This topic is about Throne of Glass
Throne of Glass > First Impressions

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexandria (last edited Feb 05, 2015 06:50PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alexandria (starkovalina) | 539 comments Mod
Welcome to another read-along! Many of you requested that we read this series, so from February 1-February 9 we will be reading Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. There will also be read-alongs for the second and third books in this series later in the month of February.

Here is where you can discuss your first impressions of the book. What were your initial thoughts about Celaena? The competition?

Annie (indoorsojourner) I thought this book had a very strong start! I love how Celaena is strong and assertive while still maintaining a sort of feminine charm. A lot of YA heroines have a brooding, stiff, and almost awkward air about them just so they can seem tougher, and it was refreshing to read about a girl with both power and poise. The only thing I didn't like was that the first few chapters seemed slightly slow to me, but that's probably because it's a pretty complicated world that needs a lot of description.

Leire Arrutia (leire_arrutia) | 1 comments I usually don't like YA heroines, I tend to grow fond of secondary characters instead. But until this point I kinda like Celaena. She's a tough cookie that also has sense of humour, despite everything she's gone through. I'm intrigued to discover how she's gonna manage to recover her strenght before she faces her rivals in the competition.

Aisha (aisha_i) I completely agree with Brana.
Celaena is tough, strong, smart, beautiful, and funny.
She may have a cold exterior but she is so much more than that. And i love how she only managed to get stronger throughout the competition. Excuse my language but she is bad@$$

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Throne of Glass (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sarah J. Maas (other topics)