Harlequin Books discussion

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Harlequin Books (harlequinbooks) | 2094 comments Mod
Carina Press Romance = At CarinaPress.com, you'll find a wide variety of ebooks, from steampunk to historical tales to erotic romance and much more!

When they say "and more!," they mean it. No matter what my reading mood is, I can find something at Carina to satisfy it. Such a fun place to try something new which I try to do more often now. I've learned from the past that I miss to many new and exciting reading trends if I don't experiment and eBooks make it so easy. Join the adventure and share your thoughts. ~ Kim

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Karl | 6 comments I absolutely love the Lexi Carmichael mystery series from Carina Press! There's more action than romance, but there's still plenty of romantic tension. I finished reading the fifth book in the series last night, and wow! The author really ramped up the danger... and the final few pages tugged at my heart as the character discovers an internal struggle she didn't know she had before that moment. If you love geek girls, humor and light-hearted action / romance, definitely check out this series.

Michelle wrote: " If you love geek girls, humor and light-hearted action / romance, definitely check out this series. "

Hmmm, it looks like I need to add this series to my wish list. I had a feeling this might be happening with the Carina Press conversation. I've found some new favorite authors at Carina.~ Kim

message 4: by Sonya (new)

Sonya Heaney | 60 comments Yep - what I like about Carina is that there don't seem to be many rules. Some of my favourite authors ended up there.

message 5: by Skylar (new)

Skylar Nightingale | 5 comments I have not actually read any of their books but I may need to pick one up.

I picked up Monster in My Closet last month. This will be my first book by R.L. Naquin and from the sounds of the blurb, it is definitely one of those books that definitely didn't follow any rules. I think it just might be the book I start reading tonight. :)

Nope, it didn't follow the rules and I loved it.

message 8: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 15 comments Some of my favorite authors are at Carina. Josh Lanyon, L.B. Gregg, J.L. Merrow

message 9: by Gail (new)

Gail | 10 comments Monster in My Closet sounds cute. :)

message 10: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 15 comments Gail, I really enjoyed it.

Gail wrote: "Monster in My Closet sounds cute. :)"

message 11: by Sonya (new)

Sonya Heaney | 60 comments Kaylea Cross writes some of the best - and best-researched - military romance/romantic suspense I've ever read. She has some great books with Carina.

message 12: by Harlequin Books (new)

We have a new FREE online read @ Harlequin.com! One new chapter per day.

Turning Pointe
by Katherine Locke

Copyright © 2015 by Harlequin Books S.A.
Zedekiah Harrow is Alyona Miller's other half—the Z to her A, her rock in the chaotic, competitive world of professional ballet. He's the one person who can talk her anxiety away, the one person she knows will never judge her. That she's starting to think about him as more than a best friend is something new entirely.

Aly is Zed's everything, but their "just friends" label is beginning to chafe. When the company embarks on a month-long European tour, the magic of Amsterdam and a nearly indecent pas de deux routine combine, making their chemistry—both on and off the stage—impossible to ignore.

But just as Aly and Zed begin to see what everyone else already knows, just when they've taken the leap from friends to lovers, the unthinkable happens. And in the blink of an eye, Aly and Zed are tossed back to the beginning…

message 13: by Harlequin Books (new)

Authors, what are you working on? Find any interesting bits of fact while doing research that you'd like to share?

Readers, tell us what you like/dislike with current trends in your favorite genre. What do you want more of?

message 14: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (jeralibu) | 4 comments Kelly Jensen and I are working on the fifth and final book of the Chaos Station series! Book 3, Skip Trace, is out on October 5 (books 4 and 5 will come next year!).

It's been a fantastic journey, being able to tell Zander and Felix's story. Starting on this last book is a little bittersweet, but we're hoping to give these guys the send-off and HEA they deserve.

message 15: by Harlequin Books (new)

It will be sad to see themgo but they do deserve their HEA. ~Kim

message 16: by Harlequin Books (new)

Did you all notice that Carina Press has coloring books?
Giveaway ending tomorrow!
Nature's Glory An Uplifting Coloring Book by Christina Rose Nature's Glory: An Uplifting Coloring Book by Christina Rose
Enter HERE> http://bit.ly/1RGg4Cg

message 17: by Pam (new)

Pam | 163 comments A new study on stress has declared coloring one of the best adult stress reliever. Coloring about 2 minutes will help relieve large amounts of stress. At my HS where I teach our library has an area called maker space and they have coloring pages with these awesome Intricate designs. Plus knitting and other crafts for students and teachers. It is great to seeing a bunch of teacher's coloring around a table. I smile everytime.

message 18: by Pam (new)

Pam | 163 comments That is 20 minutes

message 19: by Harlequin Books (new)

I love coloring. I have trouble drawing stick figures but coloring allows me to create art. :) ~ Kim

message 20: by Kay Dee (new)

Kay Dee (kdf_333) Pam wrote: "A new study on stress has declared coloring one of the best adult stress reliever. Coloring about 2 minutes will help relieve large amounts of stress. At my HS where I teach our library has an area..."

i don't know if that would work for me. i never could color inside the lines. still can't and it always bothered me. i don't like how messy they looked. you'd think that would have made realize i had control and perfectionism issues.

message 21: by Harlequin Books (new)

Kimberle wrote: "Pam wrote: "A new study on stress has declared coloring one of the best adult stress reliever. Coloring about 2 minutes will help relieve large amounts of stress. At my HS where I teach our library..."

I hated when I would go out side the lines so I started putting a dark outline around each color which really looked nice and cleaned up my edges.

message 22: by Kay Dee (new)

Kay Dee (kdf_333) Harlequin Books wrote: "Kimberle wrote: "Pam wrote: "A new study on stress has declared coloring one of the best adult stress reliever. Coloring about 2 minutes will help relieve large amounts of stress. At my HS where I ..."

thanks for the tip! since i can't cut on a straight line either, i doubt i'll be able to do the outline. but' i'll give it whorl. always extra coloring sheets at the library where i work.

message 23: by Pam (new)

Pam | 163 comments It.is.always OK to color outside the lines and step out the box.

message 24: by Harlequin Books (new)

Pam wrote: "It.is.always OK to color outside the lines and step out the box."

LOL Pam. My husband is an artist and he says the same thing to me all the time but I'm like Kimberle and really like it all to be nice and regimented.

message 25: by Josh (new)

Josh (joshlanyon) | 17 comments Samantha wrote: "Some of my favorite authors are at Carina. Josh Lanyon, L.B. Gregg, J.L. Merrow"

Awww. I love LB Gregg. She's my bestie, as a matter of fact. I think she writes some of the funniest books around.

And JL Merrow is wonderful!

message 26: by Josh (new)

Josh (joshlanyon) | 17 comments And speaking of LB Gregg and what authors are working on...LB and I took a trip to Scotland together last September. We spent two weeks on a tour bus. ;-)

And, unsurprisingly, my next project for Carina Press is a cozy male/male mystery set on a tour bus in Scotland. I'll be starting MURDER TAKES THE HIGH ROAD in...March.

GULP.

message 27: by Harlequin Books (new)

Josh wrote: "And speaking of LB Gregg and what authors are working on...LB and I took a trip to Scotland together last September. We spent two weeks on a tour bus. ;-)

And, unsurprisingly, my next project for..."

:)

message 28: by Harlequin Books (new)

I am going to start reading The Reluctant Amazon.

The Reluctant Amazon (Alliance of the Amazons, #1) by Sandy James
Don't you just love this cover?!~ Kim

message 29: by Harlequin Books (new)

What do you enjoy most about Carina Books?

I love the variety.