Historical Fictionistas discussion

Favorite HF Authors > Colleen McCullough has passed away

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michele (last edited Jan 29, 2015 09:08AM) (new)

Michele Wasn't sure where to post this, but it's a sad day. Loved her work.

http://www.people.com/article/colleen...

Edit to add: this page has a much better article - http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/...

message 2: by Monica (new)

Monica Davis Michele wrote: "Wasn't sure where to post this, but it's a sad day. Loved her work."

Thanks for the post, Michele. Also loved her work.

message 3: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Saadia (zoesaadia) No!!! So sad... :(

Thank you for posting, Michele. I loved her work very much, reread her Roman books countless times!

message 4: by Judy (new)

Judy So sorry to hear. I'm reading one of her mysteries now. I've tried her Roman series and couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll try again. My goodness, she will be missed. Thanks for the links. I'm going to add Bittersweet to my list right now. I hadn't heard of the title.

message 5: by Erica (new)

Erica | 355 comments Aw that's really sad. I thoroughly enjoyed her stories. I have a few left on my bookshelf I shall have to take out and read in commemoration.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 398 comments Obit from the New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/30/boo...

I kind of want to reread The First Man in Rome now...

message 7: by Becky, Moddess (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) | 3386 comments Mod
I've never read her Rome series, so I should get to that soon.

message 8: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Saadia (zoesaadia) They are truly well worth one's time, Becky :-)

message 9: by Viji (new)

Viji | 230 comments I started collecting her books from last year. I had got her book titled Touch and when I came home and opened GR I learnt that she had passed away that day.

message 10: by Kandice (new)

Kandice I am actually sitting at my desk crying real tears. I can't believe this.

message 11: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) | 2231 comments Kandice wrote: "I am actually sitting at my desk crying real tears. I can't believe this."

The Viners thought of you yesterday. We know she's your favorite. ((K))

message 12: by Kandice (last edited Jan 30, 2015 01:27PM) (new)

Kandice Jackie wrote: "Kandice wrote: "I am actually sitting at my desk crying real tears. I can't believe this."

The Viners thought of you yesterday. We know she's your favorite. ((K))"

Thank you darlins. XOXO

message 13: by Kandice (new)

Kandice A little late, but I treated myself to a signed, first edition of Morgan's Run. I have all of her books, but had never acquired a signed copy. MR is one of my favorites so I was ok with that being the only one they had.

I bet I am going to be doing a lot of re-reads of her stuff this year.

message 14: by Loukia (new)

Loukia Borrell | 42 comments I was glued to my TV in my dorm when "The Thorn Birds" was made into a mini-series. I had read the novel and found it poignant, tragic and real. What great material she gave us.

message 15: by Kandice (new)

Kandice I adored The Thorn Birds, of course, but her Master of Rome series was simply amazing and so exhaustively researched. She was an amazing talent in many ways.

message 16: by Katharine (last edited Feb 17, 2015 05:52AM) (new)

Katharine Edgar | 33 comments I'm glad I read the obituary (which, ironically, I only did because of the row over the way one of them focused on her appearance) - it sounds like she was not only a great writer but a pretty amazing woman too. RIP.

message 17: by Sheila (new)

Sheila | 10 comments Oh, that's sad. Sorry to hear it.