Harlequin Books discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 94 (94 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Harlequin Books (harlequinbooks) | 2144 comments Mod
Sexy = For a spicier, decidedly hotter read--these are your destination romances!

My first romance was an Harlequin Presents and I was hooked! I loved the exotic settings, the intense relationships. I read HPs exclusively for many years then I decided to try something else and discovered a whole world of sexy romance I should have tried long ago. LOL. Now, I'll read them all, Desires, Blazes, Kimani, Carina Press... can't get enough of them. My fav is the work-place romance. Yummy! Can't wait to share my thoughts with you. ~ Kim

message 2: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dhaupt) | 61 comments I LOVE Presents and you can't get sexier than a Sheikh :)

There is something about their commanding essence but are they the sexiest hero? Well, maybe if he finally discovered the jewel he has been over-looking in his personal assistant. lol I think the sexy boss is the sexiest but maybe that is because they can be just about any type hero. ~ Kim

So, everyone, what is your sexiest hero?

message 4: by Jen - Reviews (new)

Jen - Reviews | 15 comments Totally agree, Debbie! Love those sheikhs!

message 5: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dhaupt) | 61 comments Jennie - Webbweaver Reviews wrote: "Totally agree, Debbie! Love those sheikhs!"

Right Jennie ;)!! Hubba Hubba
I in fact just finished a desert second chance romance for Presents it's a May release

message 6: by Harlequin Books (last edited Feb 05, 2015 10:28AM) (new)

OK, so Sheikhs are definitely in the lead for sexiest.

No one want to speak up for the cowboy? Billionaire? CEO? Greek Tycoon? Military man? Police/Fire men? How about the man who works with his hands, a carpenter? Doctor?

message 7: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Marcus | 3 comments I vote military men!! LOVE a sexy soldier!!

message 8: by Jen - Reviews (new)

Jen - Reviews | 15 comments Greeks do it for me too. And yes, military men.

message 9: by Anna (new)

Anna | 15 comments Did someone say cowboys!!!! Love my cowboys! And Navy Seals!

message 10: by Tessa (new)

Tessa Radley (TessaRadley) | 10 comments I'm with Debbie and Jennie--I *adore* a sexy sheikh romance. And, Jennie, a alpha Greek tycoon sends shivers down my spine :)

message 11: by Jen - Reviews (new)

Jen - Reviews | 15 comments That's it Tessa! There's nothing sexier!

message 12: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (planetshannon) | 24 comments Hat tip for the cowboys...they are always a win!

message 13: by Carol (new)

Carol Storm (lilybits) Don't forget Latin heroes -- proud Spaniards and wealthy Sicilians especially! And I'm glad to be seeing more Brazilians and heroes from Latin America too!

message 14: by Debbie (last edited Feb 06, 2015 07:17AM) (new)

Debbie (dhaupt) | 61 comments Carol wrote: "Don't forget Latin heroes -- proud Spaniards and wealthy Sicilians especially! And I'm glad to be seeing more Brazilians and heroes from Latin America too!"

OOh all hot numbers for hero choices. I'm reading a Greek self-made tycoon for a May Presents right now. And I've got to say Wow I love the way the author describes the love scenes :)

You know what they say, Location, Location, Location

So what's your favorite International Romance location

message 15: by Carol (new)

Carol Storm (lilybits) The Caribbean or anyplace tropical and warm!

message 16: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dhaupt) | 61 comments Carol wrote: "The Caribbean or anyplace tropical and warm!"

Oh I so agree Carol especially this time of year :)

message 17: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (planetshannon) | 24 comments I loved snowed-in stories :)

message 18: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Smart (michellesmartauthor) | 7 comments My favourites are definitely Italians and Greeks but to be honest, as long as I'm swept away in a place full of passion then I'm happy!

message 19: by Tessa (new)

Tessa Radley (TessaRadley) | 10 comments Debbie, I love something that feels exotic...and romantic. I Greek and Italian settings, but Regency or Georgian England--OR New Orleans also call to me.

message 20: by Harlequin Books (new)

I'm with Shannon. Give me a snowy setting. I definitely belong in the north even if I start complaining about shoveling by the end of the season. That is when I start looking for the warm island setting.~ Kim

message 21: by Scott (new)

Scott Hildreth (scotthildreth) | 4 comments Snow certainly makes for a nice evening at home....

message 22: by Susan (new)

Susan Carlisle | 4 comments Shannon,
I just finished a book that takes place in Niagara Falls in the winter. Cold and snow. I write for the medical line.

message 23: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (planetshannon) | 24 comments Thrilled to hear there are snow fans in the house!

message 24: by Harlequin Books (new)

Speaking of Niagara Falls, if you ever get the chance to visit during the winter, be sure to check out their Festival of Lights. It is simply beautiful. ~ Kim

message 25: by Jen - Reviews (new)

Jen - Reviews | 15 comments Yes, snow. The mountain rescue team stories of Sarah Morgan are some of my favourites!

message 26: by Debbie (last edited Feb 09, 2015 08:17AM) (new)

Debbie (dhaupt) | 61 comments Jennie - Webbweaver Reviews wrote: "Yes, snow. The mountain rescue team stories of Sarah Morgan are some of my favourites!"

Oh Jennie I LOVE Sarah Morgan, have you read her debut mainstream trilogy about the O'Neils of Vermont
Sleigh Bells in the Snow
Suddenly Last Summer
Maybe This Christmas

Plus she's got a brand new trilogy just starting later this month with
First Time in Forever

message 27: by Jen - Reviews (new)

Jen - Reviews | 15 comments Hey Debbie, I've read all of them. Love, love, loved them! I've got the new one too and as soon as I review the new Olivia Gates (another favourite author) as I was asked to do, I'm straight onto First Time In Forever.

message 28: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (planetshannon) | 24 comments I just read and loved Sarah Morgan's Miller Sisters novellas, so I will definitely check out her Mountain Rescue Team stories! Thanks for the recommends :)

message 29: by Tessa (new)

Tessa Radley (TessaRadley) | 10 comments Shannon wrote: "I just read and loved Sarah Morgan's Miller Sisters novellas, so I will definitely check out her Mountain Rescue Team stories! Thanks for the recommends :)"

I **ADORE** Sarah Morgan's books.

message 30: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dhaupt) | 61 comments Jennie - Webbweaver Reviews wrote: "Hey Debbie, I've read all of them. Love, love, loved them! I've got the new one too and as soon as I review the new Olivia Gates (another favourite author) as I was asked to do, I'm straight onto ..."

:)

message 31: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Hearon | 6 comments I really love the guy-next-door hero. Makes me believe I'm surrounded by sexy!

message 32: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie London (stefanielondon) | 9 comments I honestly love all types of heroes - sexy doctors, billionaires, rugged cowboys, tough military men with hearts of gold, sporting bad boys...variety is the spice of life as they say ;)

message 33: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie London (stefanielondon) | 9 comments Susan wrote: "Shannon,
I just finished a book that takes place in Niagara Falls in the winter. Cold and snow. I write for the medical line."

I love books with unique settings - having visited Niagara Falls recently I'd love to read a book set there!

message 34: by Susan (new)

Susan Mallery (susanmallery) | 8 comments Pamela wrote: "I really love the guy-next-door hero. Makes me believe I'm surrounded by sexy!"

And you are.... sexy things are happening behind closed doors in all our neighborhoods. ;)

message 35: by Harlequin Books (new)

Roflol.

message 36: by Siobhon (new)

Siobhon | 5 comments I love all of my sexy alpha heroes, Greek Tycoons, Latin Billionaires or Sheikhs they all have a special place in my heart. As long as book has that special something I'm happy.

message 37: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Hearon | 6 comments Susan wrote: "Pamela wrote: "I really love the guy-next-door hero. Makes me believe I'm surrounded by sexy!"

And you are.... sexy things are happening behind closed doors in all our neighborhoods. ;)"

And right now, we're wintering in a mostly 55+ resort! ;-)

message 38: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 15 comments I love a man who uses his smarts and creativity (in the bedroom and out!). Engineers, doctors, artists. But in the end, it's all about how he treats a woman. He loves her independence, respects her opinion (even if he doesn't agree with it!).
Samantha Ann King

message 39: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 15 comments For setting? Vacation. Hands down. Doesn't matter where, although I will admit to a love affair with white sand and blue water. The barriers come down when I'm not surrounded by chores that demand my attention. Dishes, laundry, dinner! Ugh!!! It works for my characters, too!Samantha Ann King

message 40: by Kate (last edited Feb 13, 2015 08:14AM) (new)

Kate McVaugh | 4 comments Setting for me - exotic. There is nothing sexier than a hot and steamy climate. Skimpy clothes with a breeze rustling over exposed skin raises the heat every time.
Kate McVaugh

message 41: by Kris (new)

Kris Rafferty (krisrafferty) | 49 comments I love the ex-military/cia/fbi anything Alpha male. I like when they're no longer bound by the agency that made them a warrior, and their skills are then their own to employ. Yum. And when I say employ, I mean meet an amazing, capable women who causes trouble and he needs to meet her, toe to toe, to solve it. lol Physically and mentally on top of their game, but it takes the woman to make him see... "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife."

message 42: by Harlequin Books (new)

The Alpha male is just drool-worthy no matter his profession. I do have a fondness for one who works with his hands and has a lot of nice muscles for all you author to describe in perfect detail. YUM!

message 43: by Kris (new)

Kris Rafferty (krisrafferty) | 49 comments Harlequin Books wrote: "The Alpha male is just drool-worthy no matter his profession. I do have a fondness for one who works with his hands and has a lot of nice muscles for all you author to describe in perfect detail. YUM!"

Linda Howard is SOOOOOO good at that. She can write the best scary hero. Swoon worthy. Would I like to marry a guy like this? Probably not. But yum. You're right. Yum.

message 44: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 15 comments Ditto that, Carol.
Samantha Ann King

message 45: by Regina (new)

Regina Kyle (goodreadscomreginakyle) | 9 comments Hey, sexy readers! And I mean that any way you want to take it :). I'm Regina Kyle, and I not only write for Harlequin Blaze I absolutely devour sensual romances and have literally hundreds of them on my iPad. I like my heroes smart, built and with a killer . . . sense of humor. And my heroines totally able to go toe-to-toe - or whatever other body part you want to substitute - with them.

message 46: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisamarieperry) Greetings! My name is Lisa Marie Perry. I write sexy, gritty romance for Harlequin Kimani and (coming soon - YAY!) Harlequin Superromance. I've been reading sexy things since before my parents deemed it appropriate, I've lusted after David Letterman, Tom Selleck and Fabio since I was a young girl, I'm in love with Pinterest and I am faithful to steamy fiction featuring males with intense personalities and remarkable sex appeal. I need them hawt!

What I love about the men I write and the men I want to meet is that every male carries sexiness uniquely. Sexy for one man could be how he's emerged from a damaged past. Sexy for a different man could be his easy humor. Sexy for another man could be the way he sounds when he's talking to you and only you. Discovering so many personalities is part of what makes reading and writing enjoyable for me.

Even if you don't share my naughty feelings for Letterman, Selleck and Fabio, I'm happy to be a part of this group and look forward to chatting about all things sexy.

message 47: by Harlequin Books (new)

What type of heroine do you like to see paired with the Alpha Male? Is she a buttoned up tight girl that he needs to help out of her comfort zone and expose her sexiness or should it be the girl who knows her sex appeal and isn't scared to show it?

message 48: by Kris (new)

Kris Rafferty (krisrafferty) | 49 comments I like heroines that surprise the Alpha Male, whether it's by their unique qualities, hidden strengths, or that they are willing to go toe to toe with them. LOVE that.

message 49: by Sonya (new)

Sonya Heaney | 60 comments Harlequin Books wrote: "What type of heroine do you like to see paired with the Alpha Male? Is she a buttoned up tight girl that he needs to help out of her comfort zone and expose her sexiness or should it be the girl wh..."

The heroines I like best are those I can actually relate to. I don't want a doormat, but if she is so capable and tough and fantastic at everything she intimidates me!

message 50: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (planetshannon) | 24 comments I like heroines that know what they want, and go for it! I also like like heroines who try and make the best of any situation even if they aren't in the best of situations!

I guess both of those really point to being either proactive, or actively engaged. Doers!

« previous 1