planning. discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kikki (last edited Feb 15, 2015 11:23AM) (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments [Group Idea] Fairytale curse. Various fairy tale charries from Grimm's fairytales and others (might include classic books like AiW too) have been cursed by The Horned King(or his descendant) and all their descendants must suffer from this curse. Person B, taking pity on what could be very short lives full of suffering, grants them a gift specific to their parents/grandparents story, and a chance to break their curse by _____________ before they reach the age of __ and die from their curse, if they do not die beforehand from their curse.

[What I Need]
-List of Fairy Tale characters to use (in the process of making)
-Curses and gifts tailored to fit the GRIMM VERSION of their story, not the Disney prettied up version. (also working on this)
-A 'Good guy' who would grant the gifts to all the descendents
-A way to break the curse
-Age at which if they do not break the curse they'll likely die

message 2: by Kikki (last edited Feb 15, 2015 12:09PM) (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments [What I Have So Far]

Ariel
[Curse] They cannot go more than 24 hours without completely submerging in water or they will turn to seafoam...yet, if they remain under the water for more than 2 hours, they risk the same fate.
{Gift} When in salt water, they can become, in a sense, a mermaid/man, complete with the lower half becoming a tail, and able to breathe underwater, but if underwater for more than 2 hours, they turn to seafoam.
Grandson: Open
Granddaughter: Open

Beauty
[Curse] Those who are the grandchildren of Beauty and the Beast are cursed to, like their grandfather, have a beast form that is ‘ugly’ to the eyes of any but those who experience true love with them and can see past their appearance.
{Gift} When looking into a mirror, they can see brief glimpses of people they have seen before and what they are doing, though if they are in a location they have never been to, their surroundings will be faded to black and impossible to make out.

King Minos Figure out way to reverse golden touch
[Curse] They are cursed with a golden touch in which any object or being that makes physical contact with their hands will turn into gold. The only one not affected by this touch is themselves or the other descendent.
{Gift} If they wear gloves, the golden touch will not affect other people

Jack (Jack & The Beanstalk)
[Curse] Any plant they touch (with their hands) will gain temporary 'free will' and mobility and lash out and attack anything or anyone that is nearby, including the descendent who brought it to life.
{Gift} Through a mental, not physical, connection, they can partially manipulate and control plants to get them to grow or attack certain things. However, if they at any point physically touch the plant, the control leaves and the plant tries to kill them due to their curse.

Lazy Henry
[Curse] Like a sloth or turtle, descendents of Lazy Henry move very slow, even when 'running'. There is no way to make them move any faster than the slow pace they have.
{Gift} Descendents of Lazy Henry are unaffected by the gifts and curses of others.

Mother Gothel (Tangled/Rapunzel) Not sure if I should keep her or not
[Curse] Is forced to seek out a girl with long blonde hair once every 24 hours and brush their hair while singing 'Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine, make the clock reverse, bring back what once was mine, what once was mine' or else they shall rapidly age and turn to dust.
{Gift} Compulsion; a minor form of mind control where one can use either their words or a look to convince someone to do something for them.

Big Bad Wolf (Red Riding Hood) Need Gift
[Curse] They are cursed to have a form that is stuck between human and wolf, and to harbor the instincts of a wolf that can be triggered by certain things and make them lose control.
{Gift}

Aladdin Need Gift
[Curse] Grandchildren of Aladdin are cursed to do the bidding of anyone who holds the item that controls them, which ranges from rings, bracelets, necklaces, watches, to lamps reminiscent of the lamp that Aladdin finds. These items appear shortly after they are born, and to lose it is to risk being forced under the control of whoever should find it and rub it, much like the magic lamp and ring of Aladdin.
{Gift}

Alice Need curse
[Curse]
{Gift}Has the ability to shrink until they are a foot-tall.

Jiminy Cricket Need Gift
[Curse]Must always keep their umbrella safe, for if it is severely damaged or destroyed, they die.
{Gift}

Briar-Rose (Also known as Sleeping Beauty) Need Curse and Gift
[Curse]
{Gift}

Cinderella Need Curse and Gift
[Curse]
{Gift}

Daira (Princess & the Pea) Need Curse and Gift
[Curse]
{Gift}

Rapunzel Need Curse and Gift
[Curse]
{Gift}

Snow-White Need Curse and Gift
[Curse]
{Gift}

Goldilocks Need Curse and Gift
[Curse]
{Gift}

Gretel Need Curse and Gift
[Curse]
{Gift}

Hansel Need Curse and Gift
[Curse]
{Gift}

Pinocchio Need Curse and Gift
[Curse]
{Gift}

Cheshire {Alice in Wonderland} Need Curse and Gift
[Curse]
{Gift}

message 3: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments ugh, I'm totally stuck on what to do for the curses and gifts DX

message 4: by sucre'd fiend, helpful is my middle name (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 195 comments Mod
pst
have you tried the collab thread?
maybe someone could help you there?

message 5: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments Yeah I already asked DX

message 6: by sucre'd fiend, helpful is my middle name (new)

I shall help you if you wish~

message 7: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments :O I would be veddy happy if you did!

The curses and gifts are my biggest obstacle at the moment.

Cause I figured out after doing some research who I want the villain to be. It had to be someone seriously bad, so I went with the Horned King from the Black Cauldron. He's like the biggest baddy I can think of.

Oh~ And the curses and gifts have to relate to the stories the characters are from. So like, no randomly giving someone idk electricity manipulation if it doesn't somehow manage to be derived from the tale.

OH! Also I have a link to a ton of Grimm's fairy tales if you need it to reference ^_^

message 8: by sucre'd fiend, helpful is my middle name (new)

So, we're going off the original stories?

yaaaas I'd like that link, pleash
just so I can skim and get some ideas

message 9: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments We're using the original stories to figure out the curses and gifts.

The characters that will be made are the descendants of these fairy tale creatures. The Horned King, or his descendant, who is angry at the villains always being thwarted, decided to even the odds and put a curse on the descendants children so that they couldn't forge their own destiny or happily ever after and as such the Villains and their descendants would be able to win instead.

If that makes sense XD

Here's the link btw:
http://www.worldoftales.com/fairy_tal...

message 10: by sucre'd fiend, helpful is my middle name (new)

ah, okay
that makes lots of sense~

message 11: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments Awesome XD I'm glad it makes sense haha

message 12: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments Snow Queen
[Curse] If they kiss someone three times, the person kissed will die. Anyone they kiss twice will become hateful towards them, as though a veil fell over their eyes to reveal all the negative or bad parts of the descendant.
{Gift} They have the ability to manipulate snow and summon flurries of snow and cold winds within a five mile radius.

Kai
[Curse] Is always cold, no matter what is done to attempt to warm themselves, even diving into lava or fire would do no good, though they would be burned at the cost of attempting to warm themselves in such a manner. Can only be warmed by acts of true love(like a hug of a parent or sibling they care for and is cared about in return), or by a descendant of Gerda of the opposite gender.
{Gift} Any gifts involving anything cold (like snow, ice, frost manipulation and etc) have no affect on them and they are impervious to it.

Gerda
[Curse] Is always cursed to be searching for a descendant of Kai of the opposite gender, though they may not know who or what it is they are searching for. (If you'd like to give it a darker twist, you could add something like if they meet a descendant of Kai they will die)
{Gift} Their tears hold healing powers, any wound they cry over (not forced tears but willing tears direct from their eyes) will be healed.

message 13: by sucre'd fiend, helpful is my middle name (new)

Pinocchio
curse: a pathological liar/no one believes what they say, even when they tell the truth? (I dunno; just something I came up with)
gift: they have a knack for finding the truth and substantial proof when needed/very intuitive and creative.

message 14: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments :O oh not a bad idea actually. My idea was that when they lie their nose grows longer til they tell the truth XD cause that was his thing in the book lol

message 15: by sucre'd fiend, helpful is my middle name (new)

yeah, that's what I was basing it off of. I felt like you do a lot with lying. Because, if they have a habit of lying and their nose grew longer, it wouldn't make it very interesting when they told the truth, y'know? Like, people would actually know that they're telling the truth about something, as opposed to them being able to construct these plausibly incredible stories.
But I had been thinking of the nose growth lol

message 16: by sucre'd fiend, helpful is my middle name (new)

Cheshire Cat
curse: always overlooked. very little impact on those around them/no one really notices that they're there and are often forgotten.
gift: they can, for a very limited time, change/manipulate their appearance.

message 17: by sucre'd fiend, helpful is my middle name (last edited Feb 23, 2015 10:50AM) (new)

I feel like Hansel and Gretel could have the same curse of being direction challenged/always get lost when they need to go somewhere.

message 18: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments sucre'd fiend wrote: "yeah, that's what I was basing it off of. I felt like you do a lot with lying. Because, if they have a habit of lying and their nose grew longer, it wouldn't make it very interesting when they told..."

XD yeah I like your idea better haha

message 19: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments sucre'd fiend wrote: "Cheshire Cat
curse: always overlooked. very little impact on those around them/no one really notices that they're there and are often forgotten.
gift: they can, for a very limited time, change/man..."

I actually came up with an idea for Cheshire >~< I just haven't written it down yet, though I do like your idea

message 20: by sucre'd fiend, helpful is my middle name (new)

Ⓚⓘⓚⓚⓘ ❝Oհ, I ƈმղ'է ʂlօω ძօωղ, I ƈმղ'է հօlძ ჩმƈƙ էհօմցհ ყօմ ƙղօω, I ωἶʂհ, I ƈօմlძ...❞ wrote: "sucre'd fiend wrote: "Cheshire Cat
gift: they can, for a very li..."

Oh, what is it? Probably better than what I came up with~

message 21: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments The gift is the ability to phase around, like the Cheshire cat from the books can do

the curse is that the descendants are mad. Like seriously demented crazy. All the places i've looked up information on the Cheshire cat says that everyone in Wonderland fears cheshire, even the Red Queen because he was the darkest and maddest of them all, so I figure why not have that be the curse? Like, maybe they have moments of losing their sanity and the results vary from time to time. Like one time they might just scare people shitless, but other times they could come back to themselves and see they've nearly bludgeoned someone to death with their fists or something.

message 22: by sucre'd fiend, helpful is my middle name (new)

Yes! The sanity thing is perfect~
So, I think the lapse of sanity could defo be sporadic, like no pattern whatsoever.
Would they have blackouts, or like a split personality--with one being the sane one and the other not so sane?

message 23: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments Definitely not split personality, since Cheshire never had a split personality. He was a neutral character who from time to time helped Alice and other times got her in trouble, pretty much whatever floated his boat at the time.

Sporadic lapses of sanity is definitely something I figured could work, and it should be with varying degrees of insanity or insane acts.

Cause like, it could be one day they just snap and believe they are ruler of the world, but then that same day they could snap and like, try to burn down the school or something. That makes it more interesting and I'm most definitely claiming one of these for myself, grandson I think XD it'll be fun

message 24: by sucre'd fiend, helpful is my middle name (new)

OKie doke
It's a hella cool idea~

I feel like you'd rock that role XD
might claim a descendant of Pinocchio
never done a pathological liar before

message 25: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments XD now just to figure out how to put it into understandable words lol

I feel like I might as well.
I even have this interesting idea to do for it
might be rather dark though haha >:D

I think you would rock a descendant of Pinocchio

btw, should we just stick with one grandson and granddaughter? I was figuring one of each, but if everyone gets claimed and the group gets bigger, 2 of each?

message 26: by sucre'd fiend, helpful is my middle name (new)

Hmm, well, you could write it out as them having lapses in sanity sporadically; short and simple?

dark characters are fun

danke

I think, as the group grows we add on.

message 27: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments Hmm...yeah that'll work ^_^ short sweet and to the point haha

gawd yes dark characters are fun. I secretly love them

mkay, I figured that would work.

OH! that brings me to my next question actually. The group we're renovating only has like 10 members currently. So should we just put up a handful of descendants for now and add more as time goes on? That will ensure we don't spend ages renovating the group and we can get it up and running faster and also gives us a larger time window to work on charries.

message 28: by sucre'd fiend, helpful is my middle name (new)

they're my forte~

Okay, so yeah, just use a few for now, and then push it forward?

message 29: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments they're my guilty pleasure haha

Yeah, I think a few for now should be fine. But perhaps rather than just do a random handful try and make sure the ones we post include all the charries from the stories?

like for example, if we use the Snow Queen fairy tale, I'd have to have Kai and Gerda finished.

Or if we do Snow White, it would have to be her and the 7 dwarves.

OH! Which reminds me. My idea for the curses and stuff stems from all the baddies from all the fairy tales gathered together and pooled all their abilities into making the kids cursed and doomed to die or whatever before the good guys (ie- fairy godparents and stuff) changed it before it could take full effect and gives the kids a gift and a larger timeframe to break the curse. That's why there's no bad guys on the list haha

message 30: by sucre'd fiend, helpful is my middle name (new)

Inclusion of the stories sounds good.

Ah, so would we include descendants of the bad guys? I mean, certain ones might not obviously have descendants, but like relatives? They wouldn't get a curse or a gift, but sort of have stories passed down to them?

message 31: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments Yeah that's what I was thinking actually XD

message 32: by sucre'd fiend, helpful is my middle name (new)

Okay, cool~

which shall we be giving descendants to?

message 33: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments Well...I want a descendant of the Horned King to be the leader of all this cause he's like the biggest baddy ever

We can include pretty much any other villains we want like a cousin of Ursula since she did potion stuff for example

message 34: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments Okay so, I really need to be finishing this up but I had a really interesting idea.

A group based around the Chinese Zodiac. A country divided into twelve kingdoms, each one ruled under a different zodiac (horse, Rooster, dragon, etc) and each kingdom has different talents pertaining to the zodiac symbol.

Kids are raised in the center of the country, in neutral territory. When they come of age, they are sent to the kingdom they will live in from now on based on what zodiac they are (there should be some kind of ceremony for this, as well as something that should happen to show which kid goes to which kingdom. Something similar to the HP sorting hat)

message 35: by sucre'd fiend, helpful is my middle name (new)

Yeezus
That sounds like it could get intense, really fast.

message 36: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments XD haha yeah it really could

Especially after I had a dream about the western zodiac also getting involved

message 37: by sucre'd fiend, helpful is my middle name (new)

It sorta reminds me of Divergent XD

Was it based on a dream?

message 38: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments XD haha yeah ^_^" a lot of it is based on or inspired by this crazy dream I had a few nights ago

it does? tbh I haven't read Divergent.

message 39: by sucre'd fiend, helpful is my middle name (new)

Das cool~

sorta, as they're all sorted and placed in a specific region

message 40: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments XD I get some crazy ass dreams haha

oh yeah, I know a bit about it, they're sorted based om like their personality traits or somethign right?

message 41: by sucre'd fiend, helpful is my middle name (new)

yup, they take a test and are placed in a faction based on the results.

message 42: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments ah. I can see why there might seem to be similarities then lol

message 43: by sucre'd fiend, helpful is my middle name (new)

yup ^-^

message 44: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments So, I has that idea that I might want to make into a group.

but I really oughta finish the fairytale group first ^_^"

I'm thinking for the list of charries that we will post open to claim, we should start with say....5 diff fairytales. doesn't matter which, just like any five.

I'm thinking so far we could do the Snow Queen fairytale(cause its already mostly finished on my list), perhaps Aladdin, defo Pinochio and defo Alice in Wonderland.

message 45: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments so that leaves at least one other one we can pick

message 46: by sucre'd fiend, helpful is my middle name (new)

Hmmm
Red Riding Hood?

message 47: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments ^_^ I'm fine with Red Riding Hood for the last one. Are you okay with the others I have listed?

message 48: by sucre'd fiend, helpful is my middle name (new)

Yup, me gusta those choices

message 49: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments XD awesome!
So, for the Snow Queen, I just need to word the stuff better and those three are done

for Aladdin, I was wondering if perhaps there should be a descendant of the Genie? Otherwise I think it would just be aladdin for the descendants(since technically it would be his and Jasmines kid)

For Red Riding Hood, we'll need a curse/gift for Red, the Woodcutter and the Big Bad Wolf

For Pinocchio, I need to add his curse and gift to the list, but we also need something for Jiminy Cricket, and perhaps that blue chick in the book?

For AiW, we have a good handful of characters we can pick and choose from: Alice, Mad Hatter, Cheshire Cat, Absolem, Tweedle Dee and Dum, Maliumpkin(the mouse), Bayard(the dog), Bandersnatch(technically a good guy if you go by Tim Burtons movie) the White Queen, the White Rabbit. We can use as many or as few of them as we want really. I'd like to do at least Alice, Mad Hatter, Cheshire and the White Rabbit(cause those are the ones people will know the most I think) it would be cool to do Tweedle dum and dee(I have an idea for a twinsies curse) and perhaps the White Rabbit.

If we do the Mad Hatter though I might call dibs on one of those descendants too haha

message 50: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 81 comments Do you think that will be too many or will it be okay?

« previous 1