What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Young boy spy from North Korea as an undercover High School Student in America

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natalie (new)

Natalie | 3 comments I read this book back in 2012 and it was fairly new, so definitely before 2005 I can say.
It was about a young boy from a communist country(not said the be North Korea, but it was pretty obvious), come to America as a foreign exchange student. He was very brutal, I think he killed someone.
He was either in high school or middle school. He was obsessed with having sex with his host-families daughter so his son would be an american and they could get further information from him.
There were several flashbacks to his childhood in the oppressive country he was from. Him and several other kids were tested and took away. I think there was a scene where they were in a parade and his mother called out to him, and they killed her.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
He killed someone in America, or in the North Korean-esque country? You say the book was fairly new but you think it came out BEFORE 2005? Rather than after?

Remember the cover?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Natalie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (bucketofrhymes) | 22 comments If you're still looking for this, it might be Pygmy.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Natalie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Pygmy (other topics)