Kindred Spirits discussion

Fun Stuff > Favorite Quotes

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S.M. (new)

S.M. (rosemaryandmint) | 32 comments "It's been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will."

message 2: by S.M. (new)

S.M. (rosemaryandmint) | 32 comments "And be very careful what friends you make. You never know what sort of creatures are in them colleges. Outwardly they may be as whited sepulchers and inwardly as ravening wolves, that’s what."

message 3: by S.M. (new)

S.M. (rosemaryandmint) | 32 comments "But the way girls roam over the earth now is something terrible. It always makes me think of Satan in the Book of Job, going to and fro and walking up and down."

message 4: by S.M. (new)

S.M. (rosemaryandmint) | 32 comments "It doesn't matter if a man does use bad grammar so long as he is a good provider and doesn't go poking round the pantry to see how much sugar you've used in a week."

message 5: by S.M. (new)

S.M. (rosemaryandmint) | 32 comments "It's not vanity to know your own good points. It would just be stupidity if you didn't; It's only vanity when you get puffed up about them."

message 6: by Kaity (new)

Kaity (i-love-books-because-reasons) | 2 comments "I'm afraid to speak or move for fear all this wonderful beauty will vanish just like a broken silence."

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica "Nobody is ever too old to dream. And dreams never grow old."

message 8: by Madeleine (new)

Madeleine | 2 comments "I couldn't live where there are no trees - something vital in me would starve."

message 9: by Madeleine (new)

Madeleine | 2 comments "But just think what a dull world this would be if everyone was sensible!"

message 10: by LobsterQuadrille (new)

LobsterQuadrille | 19 comments "And don't think too much about what people will say. For years I wanted to do something but i was prevented by the thought of what my cousin Evelina would say. At last I did it. And she said, 'I really didn't think Edith had so much spunk in her'."

- Old Grandmother in "Magic for Marigold"

message 11: by LobsterQuadrille (new)

LobsterQuadrille | 19 comments Madeleine wrote: ""I couldn't live where there are no trees - something vital in me would starve.""

I love this quote!

message 12: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 4 comments My favorite quote is "Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it"- L.M. Montgomery

message 13: by Debbie (new)

Debbie ...although I say far too much, yet if you only knew how much I want to say and don't, you'd give me some credit for it...