Kindred Spirits discussion

Welcome > Welcome Kindred Spirits!

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica I'm Jessica. I have loved L.M. Montgomerys work since I was a little kid. I'm a total book worm. I read all the time. I look forward to getting to know and meeting other kindred spirits ; )

message 2: by S.M. (new)

S.M. (rosemaryandmint) | 32 comments Hi everyone! I am Steena. Thank you to Lauren for inviting me to this group. I'm a huge LMM nerd and my favorite books are The Story Girl and The Golden Road. Feel free to chat with me about nerdy details within LMM's work! Like for instance : could Aunt Jane (in the Story Girl) have been Peter Craig's real mom?

message 3: by ᏒIᎪlᎥstᎥc (last edited Jan 31, 2015 01:57PM) (new)

ᏒIᎪlᎥstᎥc (rialistic) | 9 comments Hi, I'm Ria. I want to try out his group because I LOVE Anne Shirley and would like to hear other people's opinions. I also love the Emily Trilogy. I read everything from Harry Potter to Persuasion, sci-fi to historical.

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Hi everyone! Didn't have my notifications on for this group. Couldn't figure out why no one was posting anything then I realized my notification settings weren't on. Sorry!

message 5: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Allen I'm Carrie- love the Anne series and look forward to hearing what others think of the series. I read all kinds of things, don't limit myself to one genre. This is a fun group :)

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Hi Carrie! Welcome. I'm the same as you, love the Anne series and I read pretty much anything.

message 7: by Anna (new)

Anna | 15 comments Hi! I'm Anna, the Anne series is my favorite, but I also like the Story Girl, the Blue Castle, and Kilmeny of the Orchard.

message 8: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm | 12 comments Hello fellow Kindred's, I'm Naomi, AKA Bookworm, who loved Anne of Green Gables and Avonlea movies as a child-up, and last year, progressed past the first two books of the Anne series-yet lacks a few more to finish it . I also am a devoted fan of Jane of Lantern Hill. :) Look forward to discussing with you all!

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Hi Naomi. Welcome!

message 10: by Kaity (new)

Kaity (i-love-books-because-reasons) | 2 comments Hi, I'm Kaity. I love to read, write, and listen to music. I'm a huge fan of L. M. Montgomery and I'm currently reading Rilla of Ingleside and The Blue Castle and I'm liking them so far.

message 11: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Hi Kaity. Welcome to the group! Hope you enjoy yourself and look forward to getting to know you.

message 12: by Anna (new)

Anna | 15 comments Welcome Kaity! Rilla of Ingleside and the Blue Castle are some of my favs too. :)

message 13: by Carey (new)

Carey Powell (careypowell) | 4 comments So nice to share with a group of readers who enjoy the works of LM Montgomery as much as I do! I hope there will be discussion and a group read soon!

message 14: by Jessica (new)

Jessica There is a poll up to determine our next book. You should vote in it. I'm hoping for The Blue Castle!

message 15: by Carey (new)

Carey Powell (careypowell) | 4 comments Jessica wrote: "There is a poll up to determine our next book. You should vote in it. I'm hoping for The Blue Castle!"

Oh yes, I love Blue Castle! I'll go vote!!

message 16: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Welcome to the group, by the way.

message 17: by Karis (new)

Karis Hello fellow Kindred Spirits! I am a huge fan of L.M. Montgomery's work,(I have read a total of 18 of her books if that tells you anything.) I am 14 and am a huge book worm and love to read all the time.

Some of my favorite books by Montgomery are The Story Girl, Rilla of Ingleside, the second Emily book (I can't remember the name right now, Jane of Lantern Hill, and The Blue Castle.

I am looking forward to discussing these and other books with you:)

message 18: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Welcome to the group Karis!

message 19: by Bookworm (new)

Bookworm | 12 comments Hi Karis!

message 20: by Carey (new)

Carey Powell (careypowell) | 4 comments Karis wrote: "Hello fellow Kindred Spirits! I am a huge fan of L.M. Montgomery's work,(I have read a total of 18 of her books if that tells you anything.) I am 14 and am a huge book worm and love to read all the..."

Karis, you just listed all my favorites too! I loved the whole Emily series and Blue Castle has some of the best lines I think in all of LM's writings.

message 21: by Karis (new)

Karis Carey wrote: "Karis wrote: "Hello fellow Kindred Spirits! I am a huge fan of L.M. Montgomery's work,(I have read a total of 18 of her books if that tells you anything.) I am 14 and am a huge book worm and love t..."

I love the quotes in the Blue Castle too. I am so glad that it is our book of the month.

message 22: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 4 comments Hi I am Jessica, I have loved the Anne of Green Gables movies ever since I was small and have always wanted to read the books. I just recently bought the book Completed Works of L.M. Montgomery on Google play so I am reading that now and it starts with the Anne of Green Gables series. I have enjoyed it so far and as I read each scene of the movie is pictured in my head. It will be a long road to read this book but I am up for the challenge!!!!

message 23: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Jessica the Anne series are my absolute favorite books. You are really going to enjoy them.

message 24: by Karis (new)

Karis Hey, welcome to the group Jessica! Glad to have you here although we haven't been a very active group. Feel free to start a topic about the book you're reading or share some more about it :)

message 25: by Kate (new)

Kate Hi! I'm Kayla and I'm a big fan of Anne of Green Gables. I have read the entire Anne series but that one is the best in my opinion. The others weren't as good. I haven't really read anything else by LMM, but I would like to in the future! I also really like the movie trilogy:)

message 26: by Karis (new)

Karis Welcome fellow L. M. Montgomery fan :) Glad to have you here.

message 27: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Welcome Kayla! You should read The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery. It's really good. I'm sure you'd like it.

message 28: by Kate (new)

Kate Thank you! I'll have to try it!

message 29: by Meg W (new)

Meg W | 2 comments Hello fellow kindred spirits (or from the race of Joseph)! I've read all of the Anne Shirley books, Emily Starr books, Kilmeney of the orchard, A Tangled Web, and Chronicles of Avonlea (did I spell that right??). I love these books and can't have my fill in discussing them.

Fantastical Geek (Atarashii Sekai) (fantasticalgeekatarashiisekai) | 3 comments *waves*

I'm a devoted Montgomery fan. I've read all of her novels, and read all of her short stories I could get my hands on.

message 31: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Hamilton Hi everyone! I'm Ellen. I love love love Anne of Green Gables and the 7 books that follow. I'm also deeply in love with Lucy Maud Montgomery's other books and shorts. I've always been on the lookout for kindred spirits, with whom I could discuss these wonderful stories (and not be boring)...

Fantastical Geek (Atarashii Sekai) (fantasticalgeekatarashiisekai) | 3 comments Ellen wrote: "Hi everyone! I'm Ellen. I love love love Anne of Green Gables and the 7 books that follow. I'm also deeply in love with Lucy Maud Montgomery's other books and shorts. I've always been on the lookou..."

Hah, I think that this place is pretty dead, but I'm happy to discover it's not that dead!