Joseph Beth Sci-Fi Book Group discussion

The Great Abraham Lincoln Pocket Watch Conspiracy
2015 Book Discussions > The Great Abraham Lincoln Pocket Watch Conspiracy for RESCHEDULED TO Feb 23, 7-8 pm

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacey Jo (new) - added it

Stacey Jo (st1ac2ey3) | 214 comments Mod
thoughts?

Kayla Hutchinson (kaylahutchinson) | 42 comments Just started today!

message 3: by Stacey Jo (new) - added it

I'm buying it tomorrow.

Kayla Hutchinson (kaylahutchinson) | 42 comments This book reminds me of what we talked about at the last meeting about authors creating new worlds that could have easily been used in our world. I feel that this author does a great job so far (on page 101) of using our world and our history, but twisting it for his story. I'm really liking it so far.

message 5: by Stacey Jo (new) - added it

My mom, a member from back in the days of Andrew (three leaders ago?) is reading it and planning to rejoin the group. She was on chapter 7 last night and so far likes it. I'm starting it today so I'll let you know what I think later.

Daniel | 85 comments Having a bit of a hard time getting into this one. No reason yet and I am only 5 chapters in if that.

message 7: by Stacey Jo (last edited Feb 03, 2015 05:43PM) (new) - added it

Daniel wrote: "Having a bit of a hard time getting into this one. No reason yet and I am only 5 chapters in if that."

My mom says she likes it fine but it seems "very busy". She said it's a bit like a lot of different conversations going on at once.

I'm with you Daniel. I'm not too far in and so far it hasn't grabbed me yet. I'm waiting for something to hook me. I'm going to keep on going though. The reviews are all good so I keep hoping.

Daniel | 85 comments I think that's a very good description. Busy. I find I need to direct more attention than I feel I should while reading. Jumping from a lot of back story history to a ton of conversation in the present. I am also not sure I have reached a point yet where the conflict of the story has manifested itself. So feel like the story is taking a while to get going.

David | 4 comments Not going to make it in for this one. Just going to be too busy.

Daniel | 85 comments Eric messaged us about moving it to next week the 23rd because of the bad weather inbound. I think it's officially moved.

Kayla Hutchinson (kaylahutchinson) | 42 comments I think that's a smart idea. I may not be able to make it though. I have to cover the Sadieville city meeting starting at 6 p.m.

message 12: by Stacey Jo (new) - added it

Daniel is correct, we've decided to reschedule to Monday the 23rd due to the weather. Sorry, I meant to post this last night.

Kayla Hutchinson (kaylahutchinson) | 42 comments Since I can't be there tonight, I'm just going to put my input in now. I think this book dragged on forever. I really enjoyed the historical aspect of it, and the book showed a side of a not-so-famous president. I enjoyed the end of the book, (view spoiler). I really like books that tie in well-known historical events, but twist it to make a different story. A lot of paranormal books do that with the history of Roanoke, which is fun seeing so many different sides.

message 14: by Helen (new) - added it

Helen | 1 comments Hi
I'm not going to make it to book club tonight, either. I hope you have fun. See you next month. : )
Helen