What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Daughter of alcoholic father searches for stepchildren

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Robertson | 13 comments Alcoholic father who is dying in hospital requests his daughter to try to locate his step-children so he can talk to them before dying. Daughter's mother walked away and left her with father and never came back. I believe the mother remarries and has another family. I think it is part of a 2 part series. In this book daughter locates her half-sister and persuades her to visit the father in the hospital.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
What country is it set in? What time period?

message 3: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Robertson | 13 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "What country is it set in? What time period?"

Rhonda wrote: "Alcoholic father who is dying in hospital requests his daughter to try to locate his step-children so he can talk to them before dying. Daughter's mother walked away and left her with father and ne..."

USA present day

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33225 comments Mod
The Secret of Joy by Melissa Senate?

Rhonda, around what year did you read this book?

Is this book for younger or older adults?

How many step-sisters/brothers does the heroine have?

message 5: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Robertson | 13 comments Kris wrote: "The Secret of Joy by Melissa Senate?

Rhonda, around what year did you read this book?

Is this book for younger or older adults?

How many step-sisters/brothers does ..."

I read this book about 5 years ago. It is a contemporary novel with some romance thrown in. I think there was more than one book. The book is definitely for adults but older teens could read it as well. She had a brother and at least one sister. The brother was killed in some sort of accident and the sister had remarried by the time she located them. They were the step children he wanted to see. Her mother had remarried and had another family. I am unsure how many children were born to that marriage. She had not seen the mother when she walked out of her life as a child, but the mother made atttempts to reconcile when she located the sister. One thing you can say is the mother wasn't much of a mother.

message 6: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Robertson | 13 comments the Secret of Joy was very close, but the particular book I read was set in the Southwest, I believe California. But the half sister and her mother were in New Mexico or Arizona.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Rhonda, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Rhonda, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response; moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Secret of Joy (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Melissa Senate (other topics)