What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Conn (Skin Walkers, #5)
This topic is about Conn
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Adult Romance, military men who wear collars [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melantha (new)

Melantha Nyx | 2 comments I read this book anywhere from 2 to 5 years ago, and they were relatively new (published within the previous 2 years, so around 2009, 2010?).
Its an adult romance book (part of a series) with some suspense and possibly paranormal... I cant remember the plot, but a scene that is in my head is where a group of men are in a helicipter with their query (woman they were sent to capture and detain), when she jumps out of the helicopter and runs. They chase. The one man, when he catches up to her, something happens and he falls to a knee, feeling like hes having a heart attack, and the collar that he wears begins to burn. I believe somewhere in the story, part of the paranormal/scifi part is that these men with the collars, they can only take them off when they find their "mate" and they give it to them.
Only other thing i remember is that i enjoyed the series.

message 2: by Kris (new) - added it

Kris | 33505 comments Mod
Something from Jennifer Ashley's Shifters Unbound series? https://www.goodreads.com/series/4735...

The shifters are "forced to wear Collars that control their hunting and fighting instincts".

message 3: by Melantha (new)

Melantha Nyx | 2 comments I will check it out, but I don't think so.
I believe the three books in the series (at that time) were named for the lead male character.

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
In the Shifter's Unbound series, they can't take off their collars (yet) and males and females both wear them. Nothing to do with finding their mates.

message 5: by Juels (last edited Feb 11, 2015 10:43AM) (new)

Juels | 2404 comments This is the Skin Walkers series by Susan a Bliler. Each book is named after the male lead character. Your book is Conn. They are shifters and naturally grow a "halo" around their neck. When they first meet their mate, they experience something called the "affliction". It is a painful experience that brings them to their knees and lasts for a minute or so. After finding a mate (their "angel"), they remove the halo and put it on their mate's neck.

The author has written the books "out of sequence". She started with Conn but has gone back and written parts of the series that were chronologically before Conn.

Conn
Leto
York
King
Monroe
Gauge

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37834 comments Mod
No response from the OP but this does seem like the right book. Moving to Solved.