Book Haven discussion

Authors > Promoting my New Book

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.R. (new)

J.R. Brule (jrbrule) | 5 comments Book Haven, perhaps you can help me. I self published my new novel, Mind Trap, back in November, and have gathered a dozen good reviews since that time, hoping to attract new readers. I've joined book clubs and blogged about my journey as an author. Now, I'm reaching out to you all, for input on where to go next. I'd love to find new readers.

For anyone interested, my book can be found here, along with a sample of the first 6 chapters (and I apologize for the long url): http://www.amazon.com/Mind-Trap-J-R-B...

message 2: by Brian (last edited Jan 28, 2015 07:36PM) (new)

Brian Benson (bknight47) | 1015 comments The list of writers grows each day J.R. we're all wanting the same thing. This may sound like an odd bit of advice, but try something that not everyone else is doing. Maybe readings at libraries, or for groups of retirees, etc. Some of those groups are dying for a visit. Why not an author. I'm not sure where you're located, but I'll bet there are libraries and retirement communities where you are...

message 3: by J.R. (new)

J.R. Brule (jrbrule) | 5 comments Thanks, Brian, I have definitely been looking into alternative routes, and both you mentioned are included.