ƊƠƦƠƬӇƳ MƲƧƬ ƊƖЄ discussion

Other > Movie

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 28, 2015 06:23PM) (new)

Wouldn't Dorothy Must Die make a cool movie? Who do you think would act in it? As Amy? As Dorothy? As Nox?

message 2: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 7 comments Hi (:
I think it could definitely be made as a movie- but not, (excuse me), half a**. This is because of the first Oz movie- it's such a classic. Anything less than an amazing, all out production, and cast, won't do this book homage, and will probably be really lame if not done well. Yes this IS a young adult book and all...but pretty much all of the original characters are in it. So the high expectation is still there.
Book are usually better than the movies though... so idk. It depends I guess on the effort put into it I'd say.

message 3: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 7 comments Hi (:
I think it could definitely be made as a movie- but not, (excuse me), half a**. This is because of the first Oz movie- it's such a classic. Anything less than an amazing, all out production, and cast, won't do this book homage, and will probably be really lame if not done well. Yes this IS a young adult book and all...but pretty much all of the original characters are in it. So the high expectation is still there.
Book are usually better than the movies though... so idk. It depends I guess on the effort put into it I'd say.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi! I agree that it would be a great movie, if done the right away! They'd have to find somebody really good at acting to play Amy, because she's such a unique character. And Dorothy, but maybe that girl who played Regina in Mean Girls would do her well!

message 5: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 7 comments Oh yes! That's a good one. The actress from mean girls Rachel McAdams is one of my favorites, she would be perfect. Who do you think would play a good Amy??
I wonder how they would portray the "magic" that they use in the book too...

message 6: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 7 comments Oh yes! That's a good one. The actress from mean girls Rachel McAdams is one of my favorites, she would be perfect. Who do you think would play a good Amy??

message 7: by Natasha (new)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm pretty sure that the magic would be a lot of CGI and special effects. But figuring out who would play a good Amy is really hard! Nox and Mombi would be pretty hard to figure out too.

message 9: by Angel (new)

Angel (angelyh) Maybe Amy could be Victoria Moroles? They're around the same age, and look very spunky, with different hair.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Definitely!! Give her pink hair and she'd be a great Amy!

message 11: by Angel (new)

Angel (angelyh) I was also thinking Chloe Grace Moretz but idk