All About Books discussion

Yellow Crocus
This topic is about Yellow Crocus
Readalongs > Yellow Crocus by Laila Ibrahim (Leslie & Beth)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Leslie | 15985 comments Beth and I are planning on reading this sometime in February. Anyone else interested is welcome to join us!

message 2: by Chinook (last edited Jan 31, 2015 10:14AM) (new)

Chinook | 543 comments It was on sale on Kindle, so I think I might. When are you starting?

Kathy McC | 97 comments I also downloaded it as a free book from Amazon. Let me know when you begin reading.

Leslie | 15985 comments Chinook wrote: "It was on sale on Kindle, so I think I might. When are you starting?"

We haven't really picked a specific date. I am flexible -- do either of you have a preference?

Beth | 508 comments I could in a day or so - just finishing "Unbroken" now and could go straight to this book or else read something else first...just let me know.

Leslie | 15985 comments How about starting this weekend?

Beth | 508 comments sounds good - works for me

Leslie | 15985 comments I didn't manage to get to this over the weekend but will be starting today.

Beth | 508 comments Leslie wrote: "I didn't manage to get to this over the weekend but will be starting today."

It was really fast read

Leslie | 15985 comments Beth wrote: "Leslie wrote: "I didn't manage to get to this over the weekend but will be starting today."

It was really fast read"

Done already? I have not been reading much recently - I'll step up the pace!

message 11: by Beth (new) - rated it 4 stars

Beth | 508 comments Leslie wrote: "Beth wrote: "Leslie wrote: "I didn't manage to get to this over the weekend but will be starting today."

It was really fast read"

Done already? I have not been reading much recently - I'll step ..."

Yes, I read it in a few days - very fast and easy read. I liked it, it was pretty good.

Leslie | 15985 comments I finished last night. You can read my review (no spoilers) here.

It was interesting to read this along with the nonfiction audiobook I was listening to, The Souls of Black Folk. Du Bois wrote these essays around the turn of the century (nineteenth to twentieth) but it was still a good companion piece.