Sci-fi and Heroic Fantasy discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Past nominations (closed) > March Contemporary Novel selection complete

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

This is the place to nominate a Contemporary Fantasy or Science Fiction novel for our March group read and discussion (beginning March 21.) A contemporary novel would typically have been first published in the 21st century.

You can review past nominees and selections in the Group's Bookshelf. (If you wish to continue a discussion of one of our past group selections, all those discussion topics are still open in our Book Discussions area.)

You need not have read the title you are nominating; after all, you'll be reading along. Feel free to say why you are making the nomination, if you care to. Note that if your nomination is selected by the group, we'll be expecting you to take the lead in the discussion.

Note that these are nominations for our March discussion topic. Miéville's The City & the City has already been selected as our February Contemporary Novel topic.

Nominations will be open through Wednesday, February 4, when I'll collect the nominees and post a poll so members can choose among them.

message 2: by Ben (new)

Ben Rowe (benwickens) | 430 comments Don't think we have done any Lavie Tidhar and I have been meaning to give him a try. I nominate Osama.

message 3: by Mike (new)

Mike Wilson | 113 comments I'm going to try again with The Rook byDaniel O'Malley It almost won last time so we'll see how it does this month.
The Rook (The Checquy Files, #1) by Daniel O'Malley

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 29, 2015 06:40AM) (new)

Ben wrote: "Don't think we have done any Lavie Tidhar and I have been meaning to give him a try. I nominate Osama."

I've read a bunch of Tidhar's short SF/F over the last few years in various mags. Some I liked (Whaliens), some not so much (Memcordist). Might be interesting to try a novel...

message 5: by Andreas (new)

Andreas I loved Memcordist :)
Osama has been sitting on my shelf since I read that one.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Reminder that Wednesday is the final day for nominations for our March Contemporary SF/F Novel discussion topic.

message 7: by Fred (new)

Fred Shutts | 5 comments Okay Ill nominate one Citadel

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Announcement chyron
Thank you for the nominations. A poll to select our Contemporary Science Fiction / Fantasy Novel discussion topic for March (starting March 21) is now open. If you're interested in participating in the discussion of one of our nominees, you can vote here for your choice.

Note that this selection is for our March discussion topic. Miéville's The City & the City has already been selected as our February Contemporary SF Novel Discussion topic.

This poll will be open through Thursday, February 12.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

A reminder that today, Thursday, is the final day to vote for your choice for our Contemporary Science Fiction / Fantasy Novel discussion topic for March. If you're interested in participating in the discussion of one of our nominees, you can stillvote here

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Announcement chyron
Our March Contemporary Fantasy Novel discussion topic will be:

The Rook (The Checquy Files, #1) by Daniel O'Malley The Rook by Daniel O'Malley

The discussion will begin March 21.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.