The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Newbie living in China

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Dickinson Hi Everyone!

My name is Melissa and I am a Canadian living and working in China. I am trying to challenge myself this year to read more books. I'm an english teacher and I love to read. But sometimes I let work and work-related reading take over my life. I miss reading for pleasure and I'm hoping that joining this group will help me to read more for myself!

Looking forward to reading "The Fault in Our Stars." It's been on my to-read list for too long.

message 2: by Luke (new)

Luke Ryan Hi, Mellissa! Welcome to TNBBC! It's good to know that you are about to read The Fault in Our Stars, because that is TNBBC's February Group Read!

message 3: by Robert (new)

Robert Davis (robert_davis) | 2977 comments Welcome to our friendly group Melissa. Living and working in China sound exciting. Is it difficult to find books in English there?

message 4: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10060 comments Mod
hi Melissa. great to have you here in the group. thanks for joining and hooray for planning to read Fault in Our Stars with us next month!

message 5: by MissJessie (new)

MissJessie | 1286 comments Welcome to the group Melissa. A friendly bunch of folks here and it will be very interesting to hear about your life in China.

message 6: by Don (new)

Don | 52 comments Have a look at "The Dog," by Jack Livings. Short fiction, set in China. It's really very good.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Dickinson I use my Kobo app on my iPad to read books here in China. I live in Beijing and it is quite westernized and you can find english book stores similar to Chapters in some areas in Beijing geared towards westerners. It's an interesting life style that I've come to love.

Nice to meet all of you! I started reading The Fault in our Stars today while flying to the Philippines and I'm hooked!