Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Fated Void (Age of the Aura, #2)
This topic is about The Fated Void
Book Issues > Please delete this listing

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shirley (new)

Shirley | 18 comments This is a listing posted by the author and it was never published and he is not planning to publish. Thank you.

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43526 comments Mod
Can you provide a blog post or similar from the author stating that? Or, as they are a Goodreads member, they can just post in this thread to confirm.

message 3: by Shirley (new)

Shirley | 18 comments I will ask him to comment ~ he contacted me because he knew I was a librarian

message 4: by Samuel (new)

Samuel Jr. (samuelodunsijr) | 18 comments I did not publish book 2. And under book 1, there is a part that says "smashwords edition". I'm not exactly sure how that got their but that edition needs to be removed as well.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Is there going to be a second book in the series, or will book #1 end up as a standalone?

The Smashwords ebook is valid and will remain. Goodreads does not delete out-of-print books. Please see http://www.goodreads.com/help/show/22... and http://www.goodreads.com/help/show/32...

message 6: by Shirley (new)

Shirley | 18 comments I hope my answering will be okay ~ there will be a book 2 but it will have a different title

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

The rather than delete it, we would prefer to update the existing record.

What will the new title be, and is there a tentative release date yet?

message 8: by Samuel (new)

Samuel Jr. (samuelodunsijr) | 18 comments Please delete the book 2. I put it there only because I thought I was going to self-publish the book. I wanted it as a placeholder for Goodreads users to add it on there "want to read" lists and etc.

Book 2 will be published soon by Beau Coup Publishing but there is no title or an official release date.

Please delete it. I want it to be populated naturally on its own.

And are you ABSOLUTE CERTAIN that the smashwords edition cannot be removed under book 1? I'm not even familiar with any "smashwords" edition of book 1 and I don't recall ever setting it up.

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Samuel wrote: "I wanted it as a placeholder for Goodreads users to add it on there "want to read" lists and etc."

Which is exactly why we update, rather than delete. I have changed the listed data for the book to match what you have provided, and when more information is available, it should be updated again.

Samuel wrote: "And are you ABSOLUTE CERTAIN that the smashwords edition cannot be removed under book 1?"

Yes. The data was provided to us by Smashwords. The edition may now be out of print, but it was available through them in 2012.

message 10: by Samuel (new)

Samuel Jr. (samuelodunsijr) | 18 comments Are you 100% certain than when book 2 is published it will automatically populate that space accordingly with no duplications?

message 11: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments #10 - If at that time there ends up being duplication we can merge the 2 records together, that way the people that have added the book will not just loose it, they would get moved to the proper book.

message 12: by Samuel (new)

Samuel Jr. (samuelodunsijr) | 18 comments How do I change the default book image of my series? It is using the old cover and not the latest cover.

message 13: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Here is how to set your Default Edition.
Set Default Edition