What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Hatter's Castle
This topic is about Hatter's Castle
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical novel focused on a hat seller's family [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adi (last edited Jan 28, 2015 09:24AM) (new)

Adi | 2 comments I read this book a really long time ago (6-8 years ago).It was a really old looking book with no cover. But it had the starting and what I assumed,at that time, was the ending pages of the book, which later turned out to be the ending page of some chapter.I really have no idea how many pages were missing.
My memory regarding the story is a bit spotty but I'll try to note down whatever I can (hopefully in sequence).

-Setting: Britain (I'm assuming)
-The Antagonist: The hat seller.Strict, grumpy man.Class and status is important to him. His family members include his mother, wife, son(who gets sent to India),his daughter Mary (who falls in love with some local guy) and a youngest daughter who is very good in studies.
- The protagonist: Mary, the daughter(I'm pretty sure this is her name, but I could be wrong)
- Plot(the parts I can remember)
(view spoiler)

This is how far I got in the book.Does anyone know this book?
*fingers crossed*

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4270 comments I think I have read only the second part but this sounds like the Hatter's Castle

message 3: by Adi (new)

Adi | 2 comments Ayshe wrote: "I think I have read only the second part but this sounds like the Hatter's Castle"

It is!!
Thank you so much.If I could, I would hug you right now!This story has been nagging me for so long.